Spectral amp/preamp

I know Spectral wants users to mate their products together, but I was wondering if anyone has used a different brand preamp with a Spectral amp or vice versa and what they thought.
runner
The only thing a Mustang GT and Porsche 911 have in common is 4 tires and a steering wheel.

You're not even right about that. Not even close!  Similarly with the ignorant comparisons of audio brands. Try engaging in more learning and less hyperbole.
lol comparing mcintosh to spectral and solution... spectral is several order of magnitudes more expensive then mcintosh, and solution is literally 10x the price
@d2girls...........

It was the mid fi remark about McIntosh that ticked me off.  
Post removed 
Right. The Parasound JC-1 is just as fast and doesn’t blow up if you put someone else preamp on it. It is also watt for watt less than 1/2 the cost.
And one more thing. I would not buy a 1955 Zenith from Goodwin’s high end. Unless you spend $500,000 with him and he has to think you will do this every three years, he would not give you the time of day. That friend with the blown up Spectral got his system at Goodwin’s and he got s---- for support. If it were not for the fact that the store is in an area with extremely wealthy people with money to burn he would be OOB.
Having been inside both Spectral and Mcintosh equipment I can tell you that the construction quality of Spectral gear is no better than Mcintosh. Sound quality is a subjective matter that I will leave for people more familiar with that gear than me. Neither is my cup of tea. But I can tell you that Mcintosh has great service and support and to some of us spending more than we can afford on this stuff that is very comforting.

Mike