millercarbon
Here you have just one guy, a very well-read but otherwise ordinary audiophile, and he is able without any "reporting" whatsoever off the top of his head able to inform you better than the NYT.
I’m not aware of any one person - no matter how smart or talented - who can inform me "better than the NYT." Neither is there any one person who has worked so diligently to protect the public; see Times v. Sullivan, for example.

But I understand many put their faith in Fox News and sources even worse than it. That has always been the case.

Sure, the Times gets it wrong sometimes. That’s because it is comprised of humans who actually work at something bigger than themselves. Humans, you know, are fallible.

How pathetic. First a predictable, Pavlovian, right wing knee jerk reaction and then a another, predictable deflection.

And despite all the blather about the NYT, they sure came in handy with the lies they reprinted verbatim from the Bush administration in the lead up to the Iraq war and they sat on the story of the Bush administration illegally spying on all Americans until after the election.

Thank goodness the Gray Lady is still a paper of record but they still step on stories they shouldn’t and have a strange conservative strain that leads to repeated retractions, omissions and some very biased headlines and stories.

All the best,
Nonoise
Agreed, @nonoise, the NYT is flawed. Much so. I'm not willing to throw the gray lady out with the bathwater, though, or to proclaim it "the enemy of the people."

millercarbon
Granted, I never won a Pulitzer.
Chances are excellent that you never will.

The New York Times has won 127 - so far.
Here’s a list of a few hundred more awards won by the NYT.

A google search for awards won by Fox News only displayed 404 Not Found pages.  🤔