Herron VTPH-2A final thoughts.

A year ago, I took the plunge and purchased a new phono pre-amp, the VTPH-2A. I'd read numerous posts on this forum about how special it is, head and shoulders above the rest. I'd also read that Keith Herron is the definition of quality, in terms of knowledge, customer service, and being real as a human being.  I'll be as objective as I can be: everything that was stated is 100% true. I've easily spent hundreds of hours spinning up vinyl with the VTPH-2A and nearly every time my comment to myself is, "damn that's good." Many audiophiles would fret about the synergy with other system components. My opinion is that it would be an overachiever in any system that endeavors to produce fine music.
With respect to Keith, I contacted him not for technical support or customer service, but to let him know how pleased I was with my purchase. His response was so gracious, I felt like I was talking to a friend or good neighbor. Definitely someone honest and worth doing business with.
I want to close this post by thanking the folks on the forum for sharing experience and what you know. I live a very rural life and don't travel much. Opportunities to critique a variety of equipment at shows or audio shops are virtually nonexistent for me. Audiogon has been an excellent place to narrow down the thousands of possible choices that I could never possibly pursue and sometimes get solid advice =)
professorsvsu
I wish I could comment on the VTSP-360--maybe someday. That said, I am running a VTSP-3A (R03) with my VTPH-2A. All I can say is I went through 3 ARC linestages and 2 Modwright linestages before I decided to bite the bullet and try Keith's. Glad I did--way better than anything else I have heard in my system. All the features you could want with none that you don't need. Dead quiet, totally reliable, never runs hot, sounds like heaven--impeccable timing, very resolving, musically engaging and uncolored. Really, every bit as good as the VTPH-2A just doesn't get the effusive praise for some reason. The only thing I would give mine up for is the 360--if someone wants to make me an offer on mine send me a PM. It is boxed in storage while our house is on the market for an upcoming move so now is the time to strike!
@dodgealum 

Thanks for the comments coming from your reference point which seem quite on point to me given how likely similar the 3A and 360 are in design approach. This may be an irrational fear but my only hesitation is whether I'm giving up anything if I run the 360 into my fully differentially balanced amp given the fact the Herron doesn't offer balanced outputs.  Thoughts?  
That would be a question for Keith. Give him a call and he will set you straight.
@dodgealum 

Yeah, I will reach out to Keith to collect his thoughts.  I have to say, adding the VTPH-2A has made me rethink the relative importance of the phono pre in the vinyl system.  Compared to the other upgrades I've made along the way (TT and cartridge), the Herron pre has been by far the most transformational upgrade.  It has me questioning whether I needed to do the other upgrading over the past year!  For fun (at some point) I am going to put the old TT and cart incrementally back in and take notes on the sonic improvement each piece of gear has added.  I suspect the VTPH-2A will "move the needle" (pun intended) the most in terms of measuring sonic bliss.
I fell in love with my VTPH-2A when it arrived in January and I'm still in love six months later.  That's a really good omen because that almost never happens for me.  It replaced an ARC PH-7.  
So now the big news - I pushed my limits of "affordable" and ordered the VTSP-360.  I'm hoping it's less technical and more live than my ARC Ref-3, a decent amp in itself.  Fingers crossed..