What’s your vote for the most ridiculous, overpriced, and useless tweak?

My vote: Furutech Outlet Cover 105 NCF $220, with “special crystalline material that has two “active” properties.” https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html

glow_worm
Cork turntable mats - replacing the original Linn LP12 mat - what was I thinking! It sounded so bad.
Glow_Worm, "(just read your Stereophile Scull example, hilarious!) " Was that the April edition?
That one belongs to millercarbon, Google it it’s easy to find. Worth a few minutes because it’s truly a beaut!
@kqvkq9, "When I was a kid working in the amusement park I would sometimes work the Carny side of things. You quickly learned who was savvy and who was a mark. Some of the marks knew they were but played along because they were only throwing away peanuts. Some had no clue.
When I had the stripper living with me I saw the same effect. When I took my friends to her shows for free we would always be treated like marks when we walked in. After we let out that we knew somebody in the show we were treated like family instead of schmucks. The deal was that we weren't stupid enough to actually pay money for the show. We were alright.
Think audio is any different?
Really, do you?"

Nope, but the noobs might not know that most 'slick' businesses work like this.

There's little romance going on, its mainly 'us and them', those in the know and those outside. 

If you really want romance, try DIY, or at at least take a good hard look at the designer first.

cd318---Interesting take. I think a lot of the defenders of the absolute lunatic fringe bonkers tweaks that you see in the forums are like my old card playing buddies.

Back in the day when I had the, uh, exotic dancer living at my place, I had a lot of card playing friends. When they would come over and we'd sit around the table, she would wander around in her, uh, work clothes. Oh Honey, can I freshen your drink? Things like that. She knew what she was doing. They knew what she was doing.

I was looking at the cards. They were looking at something else. I won a lot. They really did not care. They were very happy to come over and not look at their cards.

It's the same way with the denizens of tweak city here. Most know better. They want to play and to dream and the Hell with anybody that says different.

That's fine for what it's worth. If anybody wants to play pretend that way, go right ahead. I used to read Erich Von Daniken and Charles Fort for fun myself.

Can't say I believed it though.

Ahem.