Tariffs and sky high audio prices.

With the Chinese tariffs taking hold on 100% of the imports and maybe even on Mexico forthcoming, the audio industry is going to see another big jump in their sky high prices. Anyone making purchases ASAP to get lower prices from existing inventory before post tariff products enter the marketplace?
tubelvr1
I have nothing to add this thread except Frank your last post almost makes up for the fact that you posted a Breitbart link here. Well said.
@millercarbon

I respectfully disagree with your tariff example. On paper, a tariff will force parity between a domestic product and an imported one. In theory, the perfect tariff will force the price of the imported product either at or above the price of the domestic product.

In practice though, a tariff is rarely levied to attempt to reach parity. It is usually punitive in nature and, therefore, it has the effect of raising prices because in a one to one commodity play, the domestic producer gains pricing power and they usually take advantage of the opportunity, like in my steel example earlier in the thread. Now, since we are talking audio, there are so many players in the market here, there is zero chance it would influence overall prices. Make no mistake though, China won’t pay 1 wafer thin dime in tariffs, the American consumer will. Or not. As many have already figured out, I tend to swim against the current from time to time. When I lived in a certain southern state 20 years ago and the local deacons were trying to ban record stores from selling what they called gangster rap, I went into a record store/best buy type of store and bought about $500 worth of the stuff. Never took the plastic off of them but I despise over reach so I did it. I then dropped them off at the youth center....hope it didn’t ruin the kids!

What concerns me most are companies like Primaluna. While I dont own any PL gear, those who do consider the quality and service to exceed alot of other offerings. What about American companies like Peachtree or Audioengine. Would a tariff be levied on an American company like Upscale Audio? What about a Dutch company like Primaluna who happens to manufacture in China? It would be a shame though because some entry level or gateway gear is built in China. I have an Auralic streamer which is pretty good and I’ve heard many enjoy their Chinese made dacs, speakers and amps.

Whatever the case, I doubt there will be tariffs placed on audio gear unless someone is distracted by a shiny object tossed into the room.
Black people made enormous contribution as well. Chinese music is something that I virtually have no idea of, but we should put tariffs on it , anyway.
It certainly is a gift but I think it is also a way to connect to "The Spirit".