What percentage of audiophiles use a sub ?

Since joining the site I have noticed that a lot of you don't actually use a subwoofer. I was pretty surprised by this as I could never listen to any music without some good low-end, so, curious how many do and how many don't and if not, why.
thomastrouble
I use 2 subs, sometimes turned on. Other times they are off. One thing that significantly improved integration of the subs in my system was to forget about using rca cable connections from preamp to subs. I instead use speaker level connections from amplifier to subs now. This was the biggest improvement I've experienced in subwoofer performance.
Good responses from both sides so far. I use a sub with my speakers and do not experience any integration problems. I read that a pair of stereo subs are the minimum recommended for a stereo system but I am getting pretty good results using only 1 sub.
I use 2 JL f113's for both 2 & 5.1 channel. What I like most about the JL's is the LFE trim pot. I set it in one possition for 2 channel and another for HT. I dislike subsonics when listening to 2 channel. That is unless the music is rap, lots of added bass in that type of music. I do not listen often but when I do it is nice to have lots of bass.
Ryder -

Agreed on the feedback (and appreciated) - never expected such a good response to the question. Very interesting and enlightening. I too use only one REL sub but all this discussion has me thinking about getting a pair (JLs) too. Keep it coming guys - thankyou!
I love music. The older music from the 60's and 70's with minimal bass and the newer music with great bass. I am a bass lover. I bought a stand alone home so I wouldn't bother others with bass and the volumes I still enjoy. In your face rock is still alot of fun to me. I like my internal organs to be vibrated. My speakers are Definitive tecnology BP7000sc's. Each has a 14 inch bass driver with a 1800 watt class D amp. The room is about 14 x 24 x 9. The integration blends great. What is most important is they sound great to me.