What percentage of audiophiles use a sub ?

Since joining the site I have noticed that a lot of you don't actually use a subwoofer. I was pretty surprised by this as I could never listen to any music without some good low-end, so, curious how many do and how many don't and if not, why.
thomastrouble
Although I have successfully integrated the Rel B-2 to Verity Fidelio Encore's (floor-standing 3-way) and Sonus Faber Auditor M's (2-way monitor), in my experience, subs integrate best with monitors. The best example I ever heard was the combination of Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento's and the Rel Stentor III. I love the Memento's and ended up buying them. As great as they are, the Stentor took them to another level, not just in the bass response as would be expected, but also and more importantly for me in terms of unexpected yet quite remarkable improvements in soundstaging/imaging.
I'm a believer. I think that the great advantage of subs is room EQ in the bass via a(n external or built-in) subcontroller with DRC. With this arrangement, the main signal remains free of digital processing (might not be critical, but sure feels good) and the generally crappy in-room bass response can be addressed with a x-over point that is still low enough (
The extended deep bass response from good subs is just gravy.

Just MHO

Marty
4music44107.....

Good point !
Never thought of it this way, but it does work wonders re. soundstaging which is my number one priority when putting a system together.
Thomastrouble -

And unfortunately for me and my $, I have the perfect spot in the Memento system room for a Stentor . . .

I wonder if I could sell my wife on the idea of a $6K end table for the Den?! ;->

Seriously though, when I made my speaker selection for my reference system, it came down to the Mementos and a Stentor, or the DeVore Fidelity Reference Silverbacks. I ended up choosing the Silverbacks, but it was not a particularly easy choice. The Stentor significantly narrowed the gap between the two speakers wrt soundstaging.