My speakers are set. Magnepan Tympani IVs

A year ago I acquired a pair of restored Tympani IVs (not IVa). I have been driving them with an Adcom  GFA - 555 that I have had for decades.  The matching pre-amp died and has been replaced with a Schiit SYS Passive pre.

The primary source was CD but has transitioned to a Bluesound Node 2 running TIDAL. I will be playing the MQAs whenever possible. My musical tastes are eclectic, with a pronounced preference for female vocalists, piano and acoustic guitar. Genres include rock of the 60s, jazz, folk, world, Celtic and classical.

The Tympanis do not suffer from the lower register issues to the same degree as some of the other Magnepans, but are still prone to occasionally overwhelming highs.  New components should tend towards the warm to mitigate this issue.

It is time to upgrade the amp.  The consensus judgement of people whom I respect and whom own these speakers are that they should be bi-amped.  Options include separate amps for highs and lows and an electronic crossover (Horizontal ?) or monoblocks (Vertical ?)   

I am only into the Tympanis for $1000, but have budgeted $2000 for amplification. One thing I have come to learn is that the traditional percentages of investment don’t always apply when Magnepans are involved as they offer such a high sound quality/cost ratio.

Cables and room treatments are on the to-do list. As always, I am here to draw upon the experience of the Audiogon community.  Please share your thoughts.  If you see something for sale here, please call it out as I am having trouble sorting through the plethora of options.
kythyn
Post removed 
If you only use Crowns for the bass you may be O.K., but these are really awful sounding amps otherwise. IMO they are completely incapable of any type of organic presentation and completely lacking in nuance. They really werent very good even back in the day. I'll bet an OTL for the tweeter would be a good fit. I am not a fan of the Sanders amp, but it would get the job done in simple fashion just not allow your Maggies to sound as good as they are capable. 
Hi Kythin, I ran T 4s for two years when I was down in Alabama. That is what I had when I met my wife so she knew up front what she was getting into. This is not an easy loudspeaker to deal with. Above 250 Hz everything is wonderful. Bellow, is....difficult. I could never get it quite right. Forget about bi amping for now. You need as much power as you can get. The suggestion for a Sanders Magtech amp used is a great one.
Down the line if you want to biamp you can always add on when finances allows. I got the best performance with the outside woofer panels just a few inches from the outside wall and I put acoustic foam tiles directly behind the tweeter which tightened up the imaging and cooled of that tendency to get a little hot. I did not have time to experiment further as I was moving back to New England, I had a buyer and I was offered a deal on the then brand new Apogee Divas which was back home in Massachusetts. No bargain by the way as the Divas proved to be just as difficult and way more fragile. Good luck and have fun!

Mike
mijostyn, if you look at my virtual system you can see my current setup and positioning.  I’d appreciate your feedback on what you see.

jssutter, I understand the hesitance about the Crowns. What other options, biamped or not would you suggest?

roberjerman, I take it that you agree with bdp24’s position that power is the primary requirement for the base panels. What would you recommend for the tweeter / midrange amplification?