Who Has the New Top Technics SL1200GRE? Does it blow your other expensive tables away?

What high end tables have you compared it to so far? Results? 
vinny55
I sold mine pretty damn quick. Very inferior to my Linn LP12 + similar arm and cartridge
Tatyana's emphatic preference could be the old debate of Direct vs Belt Drive. I was using a Linn/Valhalla/Ittok/VDH when I got my first good DD, a Micro Seiki. For me it was no contest, I sold the Linn "pretty damn quick". (Both had an Ittok arm and the same cartridge, so the comparison was valid.)

Tatyana hasn't replied since that brief "very inferior" comment, but many who prefer BD say it's "more expressive"; DD is more "clinical". BD is more "expressive" but it's distortion: the rubber belt adds "rubato": very subtle pitch variations used by musicians to increase expressiveness. But the penalty is pitch variation where it isn't wanted, eg "wobble" on sustained notes such as piano, organ, etc, which drives some people nuts.

I don't want to reignite the debate, just pointing out a difference, which for many is decisive — a difference due to the different technologies, not the quality of the turntables.

vinny55

@tatyana69 i dont beleive you have either table or anything audio period.

Then you are mistaken. Why do you make such a stupid comment?
I don't have anything audio? Again crass. Why bother posting eh?
The Technics was far drier, lack of musicality or presence. Maybe YOU don't have either table - which is actually MORE LIKELY and you are just being a troll
Have YOU compared the two? If not just get off this site as you contribute zero
vinny55 - I have just looked at your posts. You only make pretty wide and opinionated comments with no foundation of examples. Vacuous.
Message to the moderators - can my viewings of post be tailored to exclude this individual and waste of space please?
I think belt drive is flawed design solution.
I had Nottingham Spacedeck for many years, and when I compared it to my friend Lenco L75 on piano music It became for me very clear how much Nottinham ruins rhythm and pace of music interpretation.
Since that time I became belt drive hater.
Belt drive transforms Classical piano music or other music with very fine sense of rhythm like Modern Jazz Quartet to unconnected set of sounds.
I know many audiophile people don’t care about it. But for me fine rhythm nuances are important.