Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
I could be shocked, of course, but I would be very surprised if this isn't some problem with the amplifier itself and not merely a matter of inadequate wattage. You may remember earlier in this endless thread that when the local technician attempted to fix the amp, he sent pictures of his scope readings to Brian at Audio Note Kits. Brian said that the scope readings looked "squashed." Something really didn't look right.
I would also be surprised if there isn't a legitimate problem with this amplifier because it's such a classic and time-tested design and the parts quality is so outstanding, from the gargantuan transformers to the beautiful, Audio Note silver speaker binding posts. Anyway, we shall see
Sounds like digital Pete is the right guy to sort through it all. Then we will know. I am rooting for a happy ending. Once the amp is certified to be doing its thing perfectly as it should, you'll know if it is able to fit the bill with the Decapos to your satisfaction. I think there is a reasonable chance of that occurring and am rooting for it, but only time will tell. Its not a match made in heaven, so anything is possible. Might still be even if it were.
"Here's what I find remarkable about this situation. A decfective(below specified power rating) amp driving 86-87 db speakers sounding better than the former higher powered amplifier with the same speaker. When this amplifier is fixed, look out!"

Charles, your statement above is the crux of this seeming paradox. I am TRULY hopeful that Digital Pete gets down to the bottom of this perplexing issue and that in the end the Decapo and Audio Note work together, maybe not perfectly, what does....but then again to a point that really doesn't matter if there is magic to Rebbi. We're all rooting for him and hoping all works out with what he has on hand without the need to change speakers which at this point seems the next logical step.
Rebbi,
I got my Stereophile mag today and Herb Reichert does a review of the Tekton Enzo XL. He basically raves about them. They cost $2,200 and play with the big boys according to him. LF down to low 30, can do it with 3 watts of 2A3. I just picked up my brother's 3A DeCapos to compare against the M-Lore and Lore in my system at my place. Give me a week or so and I will report back.

My gut tells me you'll soon get to the bottom of problem and the AN Kit is going to be more than superb with the deCapo. Best