Speaker upgrade question - Wilson vs Focal

Hey audiogoners!

Thinking of upgrading and need the community/expert input.

Thinking of upgrading from a set of usher mini ones that I've had and loved for a few years.

I listened to a bunch of speakers, Focus Audio, Martin Logan, B&w, higher end ushers, Wilson audio, and Focal.

The ones I liked the most were the Wilson Audio Sasha DAW and the Focal Sopra 3. 

Loved the forward and detailed instrumentation on the Wilson's, especially the Sasha DAW, but liked the vocals slightly better on the sopras, though instrumentation on them was not as crisp as on Wilson's. But the two are very close.

Music is mostly jazz, classical, light rock, electronic and occasionally symphonic metal / European metal (night wish, sonata Arctica, dream theater). Mostly jazz though, vocal and instrumental. 

Trying to decide between getting the Wilson audio yvette, ( Sasha is too expensive and Sabrina's don't deliver enough) and Focal Sopra 3. Though I can wait a few years and get the Sasha then second hand.

I won't be considering other brands since I already did that research run around. These two brands work best for me and synergize well with my inwall home theater speakers (origin d87s).

I will be powering them using a McIntosh mc452 /C2600 for 2 channel, mostly LPs (McIntosh mt10) and tidal streaming and a anthem 1120 for home theater. 

What you guys think? Go for the Yvettes, wait for the Sasha's or go for the focals? 

Thanks.

128x128mepstein10
Might want to consider looking at some of the previous generation big Wilsons, which are probably a tad less in the used market than the DAWs. Maxx3, or even Grand Slamm if you came across them.  The drivers for the Sasha were taken from the Maxx3......
I bought Sashas for my large room. You have a large room. Wilsons are hard to blow!!! You know the right answer!!!!
Get the Focals..
Spend the $15K you save over the Wilsons on a better Amp than the Mac..
I recommend Pass Labs or PS Audio..
I compared the Focal Scala to Wilson Sasha back to back with the same electronics and room and preferred the the Wilson Sasha.  The Focal was too forward and in my face.  Actually got a headache within 30 minutes every time I tried over a few days.  I tried repositioning and tried to like them but failed.  I kept the Wilson Sasha which is laid back , dynamic , visceral and does bass with impact together with natural mids and tops.  I haven’t heard the Focals and Wilson’s you refer to. Hope this helps
Alpha, these are all good points however, your electronics might have favored the Wilsons over the Focal Lascala. 

Also the Focals of today sound way better then the earlier versions of these speakers same with the Wilsons. 

It is also possible that you might have been able to get the  Focal's to sound better but that would have meant you were charmed enough with some of their sonic attributes to make a few changes with cabling, sources or electronics.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ