"You cannot handle the truth"

Should anybody be weary about any equipment (mostly new) that are barely used, no way near the usual break-in period, before putting it on sale?

Like, why would anybody used it for, say, 70 hours or so, then decided to sell?  It's always a red flag to me, as if it's some kind of lemon, some forgotten freight being fall off from a truck, or the equipment sounds woeful....   I would not think any legit dealer would be that casual neither.

Not to upset anybody.... would love to hear some reasonable explanations such that I don't make the wrong assumption...
bsimpson
Some people get equipment at industry discounted pricing, try it out, and sell it for a little loss or gain
n80 ….."There is always that guy on Audiogon who doesn’t like the new gadget you just sold your kidney for."

Selling a kidney to buy audio gear, ridiculous. By the way, just out of curiousity, whats the going rate for a kidney?
I have gotten much of my equipment used/demo for GREAT prices.  I recently bought a Rega Planar 6 for half price from a dealer because there is a small mar on the lid (I would think they could have replaced the lid and been far better off) and the original buyer didn't like it.  Basically brand new.  Also got a great pair of Rethm Saadhana for 1/2 price, 6 months old.  I always ask why selling when seems too good.  My Rethms were due to a job change and inability to keep them.  I win!!
Like everything else, you should treat all transactions as unique.  But there's so many variables you may miss a golden opportunity by making a 'blanket' judgement about the seller.  Keep yr eyes wide open, never turn the ol' BS 'radar' off, and do as much homework as you can.  The higher the price of the item, the more cautious you should be, but getting a 'steal' is one of the grand joys of this hobby!
Then there's the guy who maxes out his credit cards to buy expensive audio equipment, then the bill comes and he can't make the monthly minimum payments. The equipment is put up for sale, the credit cards are paid off .... and the cycle begins all over again.

Frank