Dynaudio Confidence 5 vs Harbeth

Hi All,

Looking at changing my my C5 out to the Harbeth range. For those that know the C5 it has a great mid range, in fact the overal presentaion is very good, just a hard speaker to drive. It has been compared to the temptation in the way of sound. It is a lot nicer speaker than any of the current confidence range by far.

Anyone done a side my side comparison with the C5 and the Harbeths or heard both? Would love to hear your thoughts. I can't hear the harbeths (as no distributor in my country) so I'm taking a wild guess here.

I found the Proac (Tablette Ref 8 Sig) to quite frankly sound harsh in the mids / highs compared to the C5 which were silky smooth. We are talking two diferent prices here. The Dyns cost over twice the value of the Harbeths when I brought them. So am I expecting to much from the Harbeths?

Obviously looking at improving the sound. Mainly into vocals and going to harbeth I can afford to change to a lot smaller amp. Presently using 220W of OTL to drive the Dyns and they do a great job of it (dont go past 12 o'clock) on the pre amp.

Thanks all for your input.
che13
You have C5s in a 14 square room,LOL!...No speaker will perform in that room.I suggest Bose and save your money for a room addition
Toetap... your skills of diplomacy are as subtle as a battering ram. Suggest you try decaf.
The truth stings like a bit** sometimes...We all know or should know a square room is death to acoustics..A 14' square room with those speakers is just flat insaine!!No point tiptoeing around the truth.
As unpleasant as it sounds, toetapfactor is right about fitting any quality speakers in a square room.

C5 works well close to the back wall, you might want to play with speaker placement more or go as far out as having them firing diagonally. If nothing worked, I do suggest you try Usher BE-718 which is front ported, very detail and sweet, and has very good bass for the size.
Thanks all for your input...I don't mind the bluntness...best to get straight to the point. Just bloody hard here to get any speakers to audtion at home. And hearing speakers in the shop is nothing like at home as we all know.

Yep thinking of downsizing but it will be hard to let go of my pride and joy :(

Cheers