Platter wobble

I have a Technics SL-BD20D and the platter has a noticeable wobble while spinning. ive tried a couple mats - cork and acrylic - which made the wobble much more apparent.  The rigid acrylic platter would not lay flat on the platter. 

Anything I can do? Is there a way to test what the issue is?  Is there an quality aftermarket platter that I can use?

Thanks!
leemaze
Nearly all aluminum type platters at this price point (due to thickness) suffer mostly the same. A bearing would not produce wobble but noise. SLBD20 does not have an acrylic platter. If mat does not sit properly on platter then platter has an issue.
Thanks guys.

@petg60 you've confirmed my assumption that an OEM platter off ebay is likely to have the same issue.

Does anyone make an alternative platter that might work?

The OEM rubber mat lays nicely on the current platter and the wobble is very minimal - But i've tried a cork mat and an acrylic mat and the wobble became very pronounced as the mats did not lay flat.  I'm most interested in trying alternative mat materials but can't seem to get them to work with my platter without wobble....
So, what material is the platter? At one point you said acrylic but that was probably a typo. Maybe time to upgrade the TT.
Hi @geoffkait platter is aluminum.  My mention of acrylic platter in the first post was a typo. That was meant to say: "The rigid acrylic mat would not lay flat on the platter"
leemaze, do not bother with other mat than rubber, it is fine (rubber takes shape easier and suits your tt fine). You will benefit a worthwhile improvement by going to an upmarket tt.