Bought some `Vintage Gear`

On a whim and a hunch, I bought some old gear locally. 

Marantz 500 Amp
Marantz 3300 preamp
JBL L200B Speakers

The gear is 46 years be old!!!

It sounds WAY better than I thought. I had a blast tonight. Played it for wife and kids (who think this hobby is rediculous) and they were super impressed.

Anyone every had a similar experience? 

Maybe bc will get a reel to reel next

pawlowski6132
Yeah, prolly won't hold on to this long though. Just wanted the amp to audition some Magnepans in house but had to take speakers and preamp too.

If Maggie's don't work, might sell amp too.
Great gear is great gear. I have CelestionSL700 (circa 1990) in my master bedroom, Rogers LS35a (also circa 1990) in a guest bedroom and built two systems for my girlfriend using SpicaTC50 (circa 1985). All sound great today. 
I don't think I have anything quite that old, but I have a couple of older turntables - a Realistic LAB 440 and a JVC QL-Y66F that still work and sound great.  The JVC is my main turntable (out of 5 that I own).  I have a pair of Klipsch Heresy I speakers in my office system and an Onkyo T9090 II FM tuner that I listen to every day.  The heart of my computer setup is an Audio Research Vsi55 integrated.  Up until a couple of years ago my main speakers were a pair of close to 20 year old Klipsch KLF-30.