Shocked removed spikes, used blue tack, what other non spike footer

My floor standing speakers, monitor stands always came with spikes so I used them always, it's the way they were designed at least I thought. I know everyone can't do this because of there floor type, mine is hardwood over concrete slab. Bass, more natural tone( I'm a tone junkie)  gives the music a nice rhythm, may just be flavor of month but I'm really enjoying it. Highs maybe little rolled off, I just did it yesterday, maybe not as hifi, but no lose of information. Have other people experienced this.Can someone with my floor type suggest a nice reasonable priced non spiked footer, these are floorstander filled with shot so pretty heavy,maybe 70- 80 lb. thanks

paulcreed
Spikes have never had a good effect on my systems, be it speaker or component, neither has any Herbie’s product (spent many hundreds of Herbie’s stuff, never a positive and conclusive result), spotty success with BDR cones. Still got some of the original Mod Squad Tiptoes.

Roller ball systems work great for lateral movement, suspended on a bicycle air tube (no kidding) work even better, also providing vertical isolation.
I made some footers similar to Herbie's Gliders.Threaded bolts from the hardware store with a stick- on felt pad on the head.They make it easy to level and reposition the speakers without marking up the floor.Various pads,cone,spikes will all make subtle changes to the sound if one enjoys experimenting.I don't enjoy wrestling heavy speakers at my age so practicality won out.

millercarbon,

Somehow the idea of "grounding" took root. This idea always was at best a metaphor and never did have any validity. Vibrations do not flow like electricity from one place to another, cannot be drained, etc. Whatever. As if logic or physical reality ever stood in the way of an audiophile and his drive to misunderstand.

Are you stating that mechanical grounding techniques, Resonance Transfer theorems and methodologies are not valid?

Robert

IME spikes usually work well on carpet on hardwood on concrete. For direct on hardwood, particularly suspending floor, some degree of damping gives a more satisfying bass response. Hardwood on concrete is a toss up between isolation and damping depending on the rest of the room.
I'd like to hear members responses to the effect of spikes and other foot treatments on a fairly thick rug; I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll start another one.