Considering switching to Tubes

Hello all, 

For the last ten or so years I've been listening to music on my home stereo, and for the last 10 or so years I have been 100% content with everything about it. And then my best friend brought by a Chinese integrated tube amp, and my world fell apart. 

Currently the set up is:
Speakers: B&W 805s 
Amp: Rotel RB1070
Preamp: Rotel RC1070 
CD player: Rotel RCC1055
DAC: TEAC UD301 

The B&W and Rotel gear was purchased whe  I worked at an electronics retail store through the employee purchase program (I think it was cost -10%), the TEAC was added to try out streaming through the system, which in all honesty is what I do 99% of the time now. 

My friend and former colleague brought over a recently acquired Yaqin MC100B, and I simply can't stress enough how much more I enjoyed listen to the music off of that integrated Amp. 

Which leads me to my questions, should I just give in, and grab a relatively affordable tube amp? And secondly, I've been reading (mostly about Yaqin, because I'm not in the position currently to invest 5000+) up on their various models, and the two that seem to be what in looking for are either the MC100B which I've heard on my system and the MC13S, which I have not. The first uses KT88s and the second uses EL34s, I'm not a big bass loving guy, and the EL34s intrigue me, but I'm a hesitant to jump in without listening to them. The snag is, I live in the arctic, and the only really way for me to try them at home, is to purchase them. 

I'm open to arguments for and against swapping out the rotel, for yaqin.

Cheers, 

esp803
When you said Chinese I was awaiting the magic words "Line Magnetic".
Not sure where the budget is but this company is #1 right now in the
"reasonable" price world. Any tube selection will make you happy!!

You could pick up a used Rogue Cronus Magnum tube integrated.  It comes standard  with KT120 tubes but you can use EL34 tubes like I did.  I have seen the original here for around 1500 and the 2nd generation for 1800.  It is built like a brick s*** house and will give you nice warmth up there. 
I don't get all this 'B&W- no good with tubes' nonsense.
Your 805's will flourish with a nice tube preamp. They're fine speakers that will sing in many systems. While the Rotel amp isn't the last word in sonics, it'll do just fine with a good, not so expensive second hand Conrad Johnson preamp. PV8, PV11. An Audio Research LS2 or 3. Maybe even a used Doge 8 Clarity if a remote is necessary. Just sell the Rotel pre, put the few hundred toward the new used pre and you'll never look back. Your preamp was the weakest link in this mix. Then down the line, flip the amp for a better SS amp, but you may not feel you have to, so one step at a time.
I am a very long tern Tube Amp enthusiast, who has had Commission Design/Built Amps produced since the early 90's.
Recently at group meetings, a few variants of DIY SS Power Amps have been put forward for Audition.
I have heard these compared to a 211 Valve Power Amp, that was the main amp in use on the day, being the owner of 845 Monoblocks, I will say I was familiar with the 211 sound.
What I did not expect was how the DIY SS Amps took a grip on the music, delivering a very attractive SQ, one that I could live with, and be very satisfied.
At a later date, at another event, a EAR 988 was the main amp of the day, it was a very nice amp to hear in use, especially in its Guise as it had undergone Tube Rolling, that as a result took the SQ to a much improved level.
At the latter part of the day, a Neurochrome SS Amp was put into the system for audition.
Firstly from recollection, it possessed all the qualities of the previously referred to SS Amp. 
Secondly, it was a very attractive amp for SQ, and was only separated from the EAR by small differences in the presentation, I could quite easily
live with a amp like the Neurochrome.
On a more recent visit tot friends who has a system I am very familiar with, there were two Pioneer SS Amps in use from a vintage era, these are integrated, but have the option to bypass the pre amp, so they are in Power Amp only, and were attached to a Slagle AVC.
Usually I hear the Audition through a Custom Built 300B Monoblock and Dual Mono DACT Passive Pre Amp.
On the day, I could not fault the set up, and was thinking that this may have been the best audition I have had in the listening room.
I am today, much more appreciative of the SQ offered by SS Amplification that I have been in my past.
I can see myself introducing a Neurochrome or the Pioneers into my home, as part of a second system, in the future.
I would recommend seeking out a Neurochrome for a Audition, before committing to a full change in direction toward Valve designs.  

Post removed