Does anyone play two pairs of speakers at the same time?

I have found that certain combinations of speaker pairs produce a better sound than the single pair alone. For example: Klipsch Quartets and PSB Image 4T (new tweeters from Vifa) Quartets inside pair and volume matched to PSBs. I have done this over the years and found some great combinations.
aburnhamuu

Not exactly the same thing but my AV receiver has a mode I think called "5 way stereo" or something like that.  Essentially, you tell it how many speakers you have and it spreads the stereo image among all of them.

I have some very nice L/C/R speakers  - Hales T1 monitors and a big Hales Transcendence Center channel.  I'd spread the stereo image among the L/C/R and it was super enjoyable.  Mostly it seemed to had a big thickening "heft" to the stereo sound, it just all sounded more solid, weighty and substantial. 
Been following but never joined in, until now. I run a pair of Klipsch Khorns, a pair of LsScalla's and a pair of Heresys (mounted up high) in the corners of the listening room.I use 3 Mcintosh MC252 amps and 2 Mcintosh C52 preamps to control everything. It is set up as a 2 channel system and sounds amazing. The standard 2 channel 2 speaker system was always my go too, but when you have Klipsch  speakers everywhere, you kinda want to use them. It is absolutely worth trying the multi speaker layout. Have fun with it and forget about the labels.
I used to run Klipsch Chorus II on the bottom with Klipsch Forte II on top of them turned upside down for HT and karaoke parties. The fun was unparalleled as the sound was huge and there’s something about tall sound.

But sure I might have given up some "audiophile" goodies but those don’t exist in 99% of systems due to bad rooms even though the listener often thinks they’re hearing them.