So just how much vinyl do YOU own?

Let's hear some numbers!

And when do you think you might have enough to last your lifetime?

Or is it like horsepower ... Too much is never enough!

Do you have regular clearouts or just keep adding until the floorboards start to creak!

All just for fun people!
128x128uberwaltz
Post removed 
I have acquired about 1,200 albums and about 1,000 CDs and this is after 55 years of collecting and constant culling to keep my collection at what I consider a manageable number. With this all said I am a vinyl guy and most the CDs are duplicates of favorite a!buns or things that aren't available on vinyl. Enjoy the music.
I live in a record store period,started collecting in the 60's. I stopped counting when I went over 15,000 and 3 weeks ago I was buying something at Bob's market in Santa Monica and while paying the cashier I looked over to the spot where I bought my first LP Introducing The Beatles on Vee Jay records. 
I have albums I haven't heard since buying them but my hope is to donate them to a Music College Dept. when I pass. My collection is diverse running the gambit from rnr,classical,blues and jazz. 

Nice reply Lizzy. You have a wonderful way with words. I am your age and I have thrown out quite a few Mitch and Christmas albums. I understand much of what you are saying. The same goes for our furniture, clothiing and other personal stuff when we die. Why worry about it?
Now admit it. Confess. You love records! You know you do.
Found this conversation just an hour ago pretty interesting and actually very much along the lines of Elizabeths reasoning.

Just visited my LRS ( good boy today , just 3 albums and 5 tapes)
Talking with the owner about his overflowing store resulted in him telling me that they have so many records he has had to rent 4 more storage units.

Then he said he is paying somebody full time 10 hours a day to sort through them and toss out all the chaffe.

Reasoning is that why should he have boxes full of stuff that will unfortunately never sell even at 50 cents when he can have boxes of $10 plus records for sale.

So he confided he had just sent a complete van full of vinyl, about 3 thousand records his guess ,straight to Goodwill with many more to follow.

Sad but true.

My mother would love all the Perry Como and Andy Williams records being tossed though!