Salk HT1-TL,Tyler D3, KEF XQ40,Spendor A6,MA GS20

Any thoughts on these models? None of them are available in my town for audition so i will have to take a leap. I am using a Rogue 99 preamp and a Bob Latino 45wpc tube amp (open to upgrading the Amp).
128x128podolaw
I haven't heard any of the exact models you list, but I have heard Tylers (Linbrook Signature System) and Salks (HT2-TLs) before. If I were to characterize the sound of the two speakers I heard I would say that the Salks are more neutral while the Tylers are more musical, if that makes any sense. I think that I prefer the Tylers, but the systems were very different and I did not hear them back to back so I can't say for sure. For what it's worth the fit and finish of the Salks is superior.

Hope this helps.
I heard the Salks at the Oregon gtg Audioholics thingy. They sounded good and looked execelent.
Jim Salk will customize them with just about any wood you want and they sound open and honest!!!!
If you buy a pair of Salks, you will work with the owner until you are totally satisfied! Jim is a great guy.
Kevin Griffin
I've had a pair of D3s for almost a year now, and I'm very happy with them. They are indeed quite musical.
Their imaging is probably their strongest suit.
I heard a pair of Salks at RMAF last year, but I'm not sure it was the HT2-TLs. They sounded quite nice, but I didn't get a chance to listen that critically.
The Salk fit and finish may have an edge as Ethanh stated (their optional hand-rubbed finishes are gorgeous but pricey) but my wife is very pleased with the looks of the D3s.
Ty's a great person to do business with as well.

45 watts is more than enough to make the D3's sing, by the way. I'm using a 30-watt Red Wine Audio amp that works quite well with them.