Can one ever be "done" in this hobby?

I would like to think I am pretty much in audio nirvana right now but supremely well aware how quickly that can change to audio nervosa!

What do think?

Is it really possible to kick the addiction and be done and just sit back and enjoy the music?

Has anybody managed this trick of the mind?
128x128uberwaltz
Yes
You can be done
I am

I took up guitar ten years ago and slowly began to care less about audio quality.  These days I spend virtually all of my music time playing, not listening.

Now, 90% of my listening is in the car, 8% is via Sonos when entertaining, 1.5% via headphones in the gym or on a plane, and half a percent in front of a high quality system.  

The audio thing has just sort of gone away 
I beleive it has a lot to do with creating that "1st time reaction" why do we upgrade? Because we have become bored with what we have. On  the "Happy Scale" I was just as excited with the first impression of my first higher quality system as I was with my first impression of recent acquisitions that are much better and 10 times as expensive.
The best your new upgrade will eversound is in the first week of listening to it. 

We try to recreate that feeling with most things. Desensitivity to any thing can be very dangerous if you don't have a level of self control. Some times you just have to turn that system off or listen to your second system for a while or drive the grocery getter instead of the Ferrari to regain the level of excitement people thirst for.

So can we ever actually be done? Only when we don't care anymore and move on to something else. 

I live in the "twilight zone of zero self control" (Walter Becker line) and in my decently funded retirement I enjoy my self indulgent audio, guitars, a Triumph air cooled motorcycle, sporty German cars, mechanical watches, longboards, SUP boards, an adult long skateboard (Dewey Weber) and whatever else I feel like doing and absolutely care zero about what anybody else thinks about any of it. However, I do crave attention, so there's that.
Happiness lies in satisfaction rather than accomplishment.

There is no end to improving audio sound.

You had better stop and take a break and find another hobby.

I had not changed major audio equipment from 2012 to July 2018 concentrating on photography.

I got some award in photo contest.

For last 6 months I had done lot of renovation on my audio system but it is close to the end.

I will go back to photography and travel around the world.

Thomas