Good starter amp recommendation

Was lurking for a while, decided to post.

I have an old system with Energy RC-30 speakers and currently using a Denon x3400h to drive them. The system is used mostly 80/20 for music/movies, and uses an Energy RC-LCR center for movies.

Would like to add a simple 2/3 channel amp for around $1000 to improve the sound and was looking at some more recommendations. Want it to be a good part of the system, but since the speakers are pretty basic, don't look for anything too fancy, but good enough to upgrade the speakers later on.

Looking around the forum, the following is my short list:
van Alstine SET 120 or Synergy 240/3
Odyssey Khartago (or used Stratos)
Anthem PVA or MCA (used is all I can afford, probably)
Parasound A23

Would like to hear any suggestions.
camradal
I can only speak about NAD amps. The original 3020 was a ground breaker in it's day. No longer available except in the used market. If you can find one in good or refurbished shape then...good for you. The NAD 326BEE is an excellent amp. Don't know what the newer model 326 V2 sounds like.
Most important...............
Whatever amp you decide on make sure whatever you choose there is an opportunity to audition it with the speakers you plan to use. My NAD amp sounded horrible with top of the line Klipsch speakers but sounds great with PSB speakers. Amp/speaker synergy is paramount.
I have a NAD 375BEE integrated amp. 150W that can handle almost any speaker load. Lists for around $1500 new but can be found used for a bit less. Don't be fooled by watts/channel. The NAD amps are high current and can handle heavy loads. Just my opinion.

Don't count out the Anthem amps, they are very solidly built and will last a long time.I have been using an Anthem P2 for years and never a problem.There is a listing here on agon for a new in the box MCA-225 2 channel for $1,095.00 which is a great deal. Anthem MCA-225 two channel amplifier | Multi-Channel Amps | Des Peres, Missouri 63131 | Audiogon Check them out online they get really good reviews.
millercarbon, maybe the fellow just likes movies. I set up incredible theater systems all the time. The last one used Magico speakers, Pass electronics, a Trinnov Altitude 16 an SME 30/12, Kuzma 4 pt 14 with a Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Mac Mini w/ 6 TB hard drive X 2

Camradel, go for the Parasound!
I don’t like idea about home theater with 5+1 channels and so on. We must choose between bigger area of stereo effect and small area at the very center of the room with saround effect inside. It is a system for one listener. Another point is that we need rather small saround speakers to place them in the proper places inside our room. Such speakers work effectively beginning from, say, 250-300Hz. So, we will have problems with subwoofer. I mean, we’ll lose about 1 octave in upper bass and men’s voices will look "castrated".
As mentioned before, call Klaus at Odyssey. He will ask the right questions and get you squared away.