Technics SL-23 TT opinions.. mated with Denon DL-103?

I was looking through Craigslist and found a Technics SL-23 for sale for $150.00.  Would this be a good table to mount a Denon DL-103?
128x128coachpoconnor
I thought that if I could get the Technics TT for 125.00 I wouldn’t have any issues epoxying weight to the counterweight or the head shell, but I also not crazy about throwing money away either. Maybe a better decision would be to buy a Denon DL 110 and mount it on a Onkyo head shell.

If you do not already own a 103 then no, it would not make sense to buy one to mount on that technics tt.

If the tt is in good order then by all means buy it but then be better off looking for a good vintage mm cart that will match the arm better .

Chakster is likely the man to suggest best mm cart although I have my opinions and current favourite as well.

If you prefer to go with a new cartridge there are still plenty of great bargain mm carts out there in the same budget as the 103.
The Technics turntable would be well matched with an Audio-Technica VM540ML mm cartridge in all respects. The micro-line stylus profile is vastly superior to others, especially conical styli from a wear and tracking perspective also. 
I've heard from a few members that FR 64s tonearm can be used with High Compliance cartridges, i got the arm, but i've never tried any High Complinace cartridge on that arm, simply because i have different arms for High Compliance cartridges. BUT The FR arm has detachable headshell and optional light counterweight, so it can be adobted a bit for experiments with higher compliance carts. Ikeda-San designed FR-64fx then for cartridges with higher compliance (i have it too).   

The Black Widow tonearm does not have detachable headshell or optional counterweight to add mass. This toneam has very thin armtube (easy to damage). The whole combination designed for High Compliance cartridges like Stanton, Grace, ADC ... The effective mass of Black Widow arm is just 3g (this is extremely low mass). Honestly i think it's a very bad idea to use this arm for low compliance cartridges. I'm pretty sure Raul can hear the resonance frequency all the way from Mexico @uberwaltz 

Who here mentioned using a Black Widow with a low compliance cartridge?

But just in case, keep in mind that the mass of the cartridge is added to the effective mass of the tonearm. Since most low compliance cartridges are heavier than most high compliance cartridges, such an apparent bad idea might actually work ok.
Another factor at work to mitigate mismatching is the equation for resonant frequency. It’s inversely proportional to the square root of M*C. Once you take the square root of the product, big differences in M andC are ameliorated.