Technics SL-23 TT opinions.. mated with Denon DL-103?

I was looking through Craigslist and found a Technics SL-23 for sale for $150.00.  Would this be a good table to mount a Denon DL-103?
128x128coachpoconnor
I have very successfully run an Acutex cartridge, with stated compliance of 42, in a Fidelity Research FR64S (high mass) tonearm using a 10g headshell.  (The original FR64S headshells were much heavier and only added further to the high effective mass of these tonearms.) I listened to that combo for months on end, and it always sounded great, with no hint of a problem with bass frequencies.  One reason for this result, in my opinion, is the age of the NOS Acutex; I doubt it exhibits the compliance originally spec'd for it because of stiffening of its suspension.  But I also take that to indicate that the compliance spec for most cartridges is an approximation at best, due to sample to sample variability in the construction of any cartridge.  Like Uber said, there's no harm in trying.
Presently, I have a Onkyo CF-1280f DD turntable with a Nagaoka MP-110. It’s a good looking old turntable from the 80’s I believe. I also have a Music Hall MMF 2.2 and did not like the sound of it with its factory cartridge.  I had heard some good things about the Denon cartridges and was interested in giving a MC cartridge a chance.
I thought that if I could get the Technics TT for 125.00 I wouldn’t have any issues epoxying weight to the counterweight or the head shell, but I also not crazy about throwing money away either. Maybe a better decision would be to buy a Denon DL 110 and mount it on a Onkyo head shell.

If you do not already own a 103 then no, it would not make sense to buy one to mount on that technics tt.

If the tt is in good order then by all means buy it but then be better off looking for a good vintage mm cart that will match the arm better .

Chakster is likely the man to suggest best mm cart although I have my opinions and current favourite as well.

If you prefer to go with a new cartridge there are still plenty of great bargain mm carts out there in the same budget as the 103.
The Technics turntable would be well matched with an Audio-Technica VM540ML mm cartridge in all respects. The micro-line stylus profile is vastly superior to others, especially conical styli from a wear and tracking perspective also.