Cary CAD-120S MkII vs VAC Signature 200 iQ

I have narrowed my search down to the two amps in the title, and I am wondering what (and why!) people's opinions might be if they were to choose one of these two for themselves.

These amps will be powering, for now, Focal Sopra No 1s. 

Pros of the VAC:
http://www.vac-amps.com/productPages/Signature200.html
iQ technology is probably unparalleled, perfect bias at every volume
VAC build quality
Can be paired with another 200 iQ down the line to form a pair of monoblocks
Compatible with KT120s and KT150s
Has a 12v trigger
Better resale value, I assume

Pros of the Cary:
https://www.caryaudio.com/products/cad-120s-mkii/
Better looks
20 more watts (120 vs 100)
Ability to engage Triode mode (60 watts) for jazz and vocals
4 year warranty (compared to VAC's 2)

While the extra 20 watts does not sound like much, I do hope before too long to convert my Sopra 1s into floorstanders, and at that point the extra wattage would likely come in handy.

So, which would you choose, and why? They are quite similar in many regards.
gmercer
@gmercer 

On the topic of warm, I have also heard that this amp in particular can run very hot. Have you had that experience?

I think it runs as warm as you'd expect from eight KT88 tubes.  It's warm if you hover your hands directly above the tubes but not in an unusual or unexpected way.  Heat has never posed any issue with this gear.  I run the Gold Lions and I'm definitely happy with the sound especially for a $4K amp. I ordered mine upgraded with the Mundorf SilverGold caps and Hexfred rectifiers.

I just bought the primaluna dialogue premium hp integrated at Axpona this past Friday for $3,750.00 it comes with the EL34 tubes but I will be putting in some Electro Harmonix KT90 tubes which are very highly ratedI am getting the tubes cryo treated from upscale audio.I purchased the amp from Saturday Audio Exchange in Chicago, since I am from the area.If you can afford it you might want to look into Raven Audio amps, I listened to them at Axpona and they sounded fantastic, USA made in Texas.
I love my Vac 200iq Amp. It replaced a Diablo-300.
It has more than enough power for my 87 dB Magicos. I had avoided tubes because of the maintenance issues reason why I got the Diablo-300.
But after home demoing side by side with Vac equipment I realized that I just love the tube sound.
Now 5 months later or so I’m rolling tubes when after 15 minutes of inserting some old 6sn7s it starts sputtering and one tube is out. I pulled out bad tube and popped in a new one and back in business. No harm done and eBay credit coming to me, simple as that.
I run kt150s in mine. The sound is huge and the bass is massive compared to stock Kt88’s and some Kr KT88S I tried.
The Vac gear is a little more expensive but well worth it. Also note the rarity to see any current gear up for sale.
Gmerce,
Let me try to address your question more aptly.
I have had some valued compliments from people whose "ears"
I respect when listening to my Cary. Now I only paid $2,200
for it used. The Vac must have amazing SQ at its price.
I recently tallied up what I paid for my system which I have
assembled over the past 12 months. About $12k total.
I think I might possibly get that today or more if liquidated.
Ha you say!
Here it is: Cary (above) $2,200, Audible Illusions Preamp L3B $2,000,
Tannoy Walnut FSM's $3,200. Oppo 205 $1,400. Roon $1,400.
Two dedicated circuits $300. 12 each  2' x 4' x 2" sound absorbing panels. $300. XO rebuild $200. Assorted Interconnects and power cables $1k. Some obscure stuff there I'm sure but the Cary stays.
Post removed