PRIMA LUNA AMPLIFIERS

Hi 

I,m thinking of buying a Prima Luna amplifier but worried re reliability, and what you do in the UK if you have problems.

Would like to hear what owners think about reliability, tube changes , tube upgrades, potential problems,
And what happened if you had problems re after sales repair and support.

i,m going to use them with Proac D20 r floorstanders .

Thanks in advance for your help 
goldfish2a
FYI, I replaced my 25 year old Conrad-Johnson CV-50 integrated with a PL Prologue Premium about a year ago. It's driving a pair of Proac Response D-Two's. Sound is sublime, and certainly no reliability issues thus far. I think you'll be pleased.
I have to throw another vote for the PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premier HP.  I have been hankering to see how a tube amp sounded in my system with Focal Utopia Diablo III's over my SS Class A amp.  The local dealer brought one over and hooked it up.  I am always skeptical of "this X blew me away" but in reality, the PrimaLuna had a better soundstage, more realistic sound and improved imaging.  I was truly surprised at the difference and bought one.  They are built like tanks, with point to point wiring, and various bells and whistles designed to make tube ownership easy.  I had a tube start to fail in the first week, and the "bad tube indicator" immediately showed me which one was failing.  I had a new replacement from Upscale in two days.  It is a truly great amp that punches way above its price.  It drives my Focal's with no problem as well as the Joseph Audio Pulsars that I am checking out in my system.  Having been an SS guy for my whole life, I now love my PrimaLuna.  Think that you need more than 75 watts?  Buy 2 and use them as mono blocks with 145 watts per amp by throwing a switch.

I can't speak to the Cayin, which I have heard is made at the same plant, but the unconfirmed rumors are that Cayin uses differently sourced parts  and is not just a PrimaLuna with a different name slapped on it.
I just picked up a PrimaLuna HP amplifier off a fellow Audiogon member that has been sitting in my car for the last week while I’ve been traveling for work. Although, I have yet to listen to it in my own system, all the reading I have done on the Forums have been glowing which was what drew me into purchase. I’ll be rolling some KT-150s, KT-120s and EL34 winged C SED tubes, paired with a restored McIntosh C20 pre. Interested to hear how it preforms with a more modern amplifier. No reason to believe 
+1 here.  I had a Dialogue One for 4 years, and traded up to the Dialogue Premium HP.  I've had that for 2 years, and it's staying.  I've never had a failure of any kind, and the sound is amazing.  If I were to sell it, I'd be buying up the Primaluna line.  But, I doubt that will happen... it's great as is.
Hi Goldfish,
You may want to look on the market section of Audiogon and find a used unit in the eastern part of the US that would ship cheaper and below new cost. Given their reliability, it is a relatively safe bet. If the unit is still under warranty and it can transfer to a new owner, even better, but I don’t know company policy in that regard. Check Audiogon and US Audiomart. There is one in New York and one in Pennsylvania.