Machina Dynamica New Dark Matter CD and Blu Ray tray treatment?

This is a set of adhesive-backed thin plastic pieces that one attaches to one’s transport or player disc tray. The disk rests on them during non-spin mode, but presumably don’t touch the applied thin pieces during playback mode. The company says the new Dark Matter pieces reduces background scattered light from reaching the photodetector, thereby improving performance. 

Anyone tried this product? Please specify transport or player if you have and your impressions. 
128x128celander
michaelgreenaudio

A few days ago I received my sample from Geoff and my responsibility is to find where I think the product might work the best and for who, looking for what. Geoff at this point is as high on my list as the company who sent us their $25,000.00 mono block amps. Wouldn’t it be totally cool if Geoff created the perfect CD tune? I think it would be anyway. Wouldn’t it be great if Geoff really was the smartest guy on campus? Wouldn’t it also be great if all Geoff has been trying to do is get us to relax a little, and we simply didn’t understand his sense of humor? Wouldn’t it be great if at the end of the day we realized we were all family? If so, I think some of us should still hold Geoff down and give him a serious torture tickling from time to time.

Michael Green

>>>>>>Apparently it takes longer than I would have guessed to get the answers to all of Michael’s questions, were they a foreboding of things to come? 😳  If finding answers was easy in this hobby we’d all have the best systems in the world. As I oft say, there are many reasons why getting to the bottom of almost anything in audio is not so simple. Aside from any sort of ulterior motivations folks might have, you know, perhaps professional rivalry, trolling, psychological predisposition, tweakaphobia, thou shall have no other gods before me syndrome, the nocebo effect, personal grudge, etc. and just looking at the obvious problems with testing ANY audio product - cable, CD player, speaker, CD tweak, iso stand, audio feet, etc. - The tests results will only be as good as the test system, whether there are mistakes in the system, e.g., Polarity issues, consciousness Directionality of Fuses and Cables, room treatment IQ, vibration isolation IQ, hearing skill/ability in distinguishing subtle differences, skill in hearing obvious differences, testing a number of times to establish confidence in results, don’t even have to mention time of day, weather, and many other factors that affect sound.

Gonna raise me an army, some tough sons of bitches
I’ll recruit my army from the orphanages
I been to St. Herman’s church and I’ve said my religious vows
I’ve sucked the milk out of a thousand cows

"If so, I think some of us should still hold Geoff down and give him a serious torture tickling from time to time."

That’s not creepy at all...
Mazel Tov Geoff! It only took over 14000 posts. Is that some kind of record?
"If so, I think some of us should still hold Geoff down and give him a serious torture tickling from time to time."

I just cut off my fingers right after plucking my eyes out.