Supratek or Don Sachs - which way to go?

I'm preparing to replace my SS preamp with a tube unit and have read with great interest many threads on this board. This is where I learned about Don Sachs model 2 preamps. They sound like what I'm looking for and those who own them consistently express their satisfaction with them.

Now I've just been reading and learning about the Supratek lineup. Wow. These also sound like fantastic works of art. Leaving me with a new question about which way to go. 

Thoughts? Advice? Experience? Anyone care to share?
128x128markusthenaimnut
Yeah, it does seem like it’s getting into the mud. To the extent I’ve contributed to the sloppiness, I apologize.
I did learn about a manufacturer of tube gear of apparently stellar quality in the form of Supratek. So the thread has some value to me.
Agree with @steakster have always admired Ralph with his very insightful posts but I think he took this thread too far in the wrong direction. 
It is not like the thread can't be redeemed, with a few surgical deletions here and there.
What happened to Supratek?  I remember that for years they were hailed as a great sounding, high value product, but then they disappeared.  What's the story?