Does it make sense to run a 3k cartridge on a 2k table?

Pretty much exactly as the title says.
What do you think?

Kiseki Purple Heart on a Nottingham Analog Spacedeck?

What do you do?

Cart to table ratio?
128x128uberwaltz
I think it is not actually a question :) 

What is someone will ansrew "NO", will you return your cartridge ? 

The price check is relevant only if we comparing brand new products from the shops. But we're all know how good are some vintage DDs for example, comapred to the prices for modern cartridges they are very cheap. 

If you will say $20k cartridge on $2k turntable then it would be stange choice, but $2k versus $3k doesn't looks strange (imo). 

I agree with you on this. Don't be afraid to put an expensive tonearm on your turntable. Your cartridge can't perform properly without a well matched high quality tonearm.

uberwaltz OP  "I am thinking that once you have a certain level of table then as long as arm and phono are up to the task then why not spend more on a cart? "
Chakster
Of course it is a question and a good one I thought to see what others do and their thoughts
No I will not be returning a cart as I have not bought one of that caliber yet, hence this thread just to see what others do...…...
Jperry.

A very valid point as to tonearm.

Is the standard Spacearm good enough to support a multi thousand dollar cartridge?

I truly do not know, what I do know as that I have stepped up in value of carts I have been impressed at every stage. I have only bought carts that are a theoretical good match with arm according to VinylEngine calculator.

Running a Lyra Dorian and/or a Scheu Analog MC right now.

Tbh I have not even checked if the Kiseki Purple Heart is a good match it was just a good example to use for thread purpose and is at least on,my consideration list.
Spacearm (iirc) is a fairly light effective mass arm. So you'll need to be careful to match up well. And I mean not just run the numbers through a calculator but also search user experience.