Bookshelf Recommendations

Long time, first time here. Looking to upgrade my current speakers. While I know the best way to judge is by actually LISTENING to a set-up, I've read a lot of positive reviews of the SVS Ultimas. Does anyone here have first hand experience with those or a similar bookshelf at the +/-$1k price point?

My listening space is 12 x 12, with a Carver M1.5t power amp and CJ PV-12 pre. 
128x128carerra4s
You may laugh but if you can find a pair of av123 XLS Encore monitors for $150 to $200 have GR Research build you a point to point wiring crossover for around $300. Or order parts and put it together yourself for cheaper. Crossover is made up of alpha core foil inductors, mills resistors, sonic caps or mundorf supreme caps with a bypass cap you may be shocked all for around $500 total. It's one hell of a speaker for the money. I preferred it to the Usher tiny dancer in a lot of ways but only goes down to 50 vs ushers 40 but just very musical and smooth. If you can find one in rosewood it's a very nice looking solid box, I bought one as described pre modded on whim off eBay. If you can find a XLS Sking ninja modded everything is already done, killer cheap speaker. 

+ on Wharfdale 225. I found them much more open and dynamic and less amplifier dependent than the Totem Rainmakers. The Totem Arros were significantly better than the Rainmakers while occupying similar footprint. 
Have substantial power with the Carver m1.5t. My concern with the 225’s is low end, which from what I read is somewhat lacking, at least when compared to other offerings in that class & price-point.

I’m aware, of course, that most ALL speakers in that size range will necessarily present that shortcoming, to one degree or another.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Elac speaker line.They seem to be very highly thought of by the reviewers.
LS50 is recommended by many, but be a little cautious. I have owned them and the wireless ones as well, one thing they don't do is timbre. Speakers like Harbeth, Proac, Reynaud etc do timbre, the LS50 is a all-around good speaker, but not for aficionados of classical or acoustic music.