Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
Rebbi, you certainly know how to execute a "cliffhanger". :^)

Everyone is tuned in waiting to hear how this turns out.

WHo shot JR?
Hey, Folks,
As Mapman wrote, it's been a little while since I posted in this thread so here's an update.
A few things are clear:
First, the Audio Note Kit 1 has more than enough juice to drive my Reference 3A De Capo's to satisfying volume levels with excellent dynamics. That question is put to bed.
Second, this amp is indeed a MAJOR step up from the Manley Mahi push-pull mono-blocks I had used previously. I have no doubt now about the wisdom of making the move. I'll have more to say about this in a full review after the amp is fully broken in. What I will say at this point is that if the Kit 1 sounds this gorgeous with the stock, pedestrian Chinese tubes, I can't wait to hear what it sounds like with better glass. :-)
Third, I am having one sonic issue on certain musical material that Brian of Audio Note is convinced is a build problem. Either I miswired something along the way (unlikely) or I else got a bad tube or other part in the Driver stage or something similar. Brian has been great about support and troubleshooting. I hope to have this resolved shortly and then I'll give all of you (and the blog) a fuller report.
Talk to you soon and thanks for your interest!
Hi Reb.

Thanks for the update. I'm sure you'll get it squared away.

One thing I recall from kit building days when something was not quite right was to check all solder connections to circuit boards for unintentional shorts.

Of corse there is always the chance of a defective part or one not fully up to spec.

Sounds like an is taking good care of you and I know you are patient so the force should be with you.