I want to be moved and have the music touch my soul!

Hello all.
To start here's my system:  Harbeth Compact 7es-3 speakers with DIY 10" subs. JL Audio CR-1 crossover. Rotel RB 981 power amp for the subs. Ayre KX5mp pre amp. SMC Audio DNA1 Gold power amp. Cardas reference neutral interconnects. Kimber 8Tc speaker cables. Oppo BD105 player. 

The system sounds great but it does not move me. I want the music to touch touch my soul. I have been through many different speakers in the past 4 years but I like the Harbeths the most. I feel bored when I'm listening. I'm not sure what to do other than spend more money. Any help?
Thanks in advance.
Ben  
honashagen

Hi

changing most anything in your rig should demonstrate some new or different vistas on the presentation.

some changes are bigger than are others.

when was the last time you drove your speakers with tubes?

ever run a tube line stage preamp on the same level as your ayre? or use one much above it?

then, when did you insert a tube amp to push those Harbeths?

either adding a tube pre or adding a tube amp or amps, or adding both pre and power amp using tubes could be just what you are missing, or wanting.

try an amp that runs EL 34s in triode, and or ultra linear config.

tubes are a whole new perspective on the exact same types of music you already dig.

for the most impact either change the power train or parts of it, or change the speakers.

usualy speakers will have the greatest impact on a sound system.

BTW…. don’t listen to any self proclaimed audiophile who tells you something you like the sound of is actualy sounding terrible.

audiophiles are just a bunch of know it alls that seldom know it all.

its your ears. and its your money.

maybe go back and get those Gallos.

I will have to say on that Gallo note, I’ve not been too impressed, I’d opt for stepping up within the Harbeth line up provided you dig their sound already but want more resolution and detail.

… but if those Gallos were great IYO, by all means get them or their next higher siblings.

the target in this pastime as i understand it is to be hapy with whatever you asemble as your ref system.

it ain’t about the bling. or the things. though for some it is indeed.

IMO, its about being satisfied and enjoying the outfit. looking forward to firing it up. finding new tunes. letting the audio affect you accordingly.

then too, you could simply change out a power cord or two.

everything matters… except audiophile feedback that says your stuff sucks. what do they know?

be well
Vinyl, tube components, SET, high quality power conditioning - you will get soul...and music you like, not audiophile recordings...though some are very good