Merlin TSM comparisons

Hi,

I've been reading up lately on all kinds of monitors, and have been intrigued by Merlin's TSM. The latest iteration is the mmi, I believe.

If you've heard the TSM lately, especially in comparison to other, current monitor offerings out there, I'd love to hear your opinions. I know that there are other Merlin threads on Audiogon but I am especially interested in hearing from folks who have compared them to others, especially if you've lived with them.
rebbi
Hi Everyone,

I finally got some Supra 6.0 speaker cable, along with spade connectors. I am very happy. I was using a smaller gauge stranded copper cable prior to this, and the Supra makes the system that much more open, revealing, AND smooth sounding. Sometimes when we get more detail, we also get more irritation. This was the opposite; in fact, the result is what I think is the audiophile/music lover's greatest gift: everything is now better.

Only one small nit-pic to make: Lars was a very big help. When I asked about the need for a 3mm metric hex wrench, however, he said one could use a pen or a regular, non-metric hex wrench. I found the regular wrench to be satisfactory in getting the screw started (a pen was of no use at all). When it came to getting it really tight, though - tight enough to REALLY hold the speaker wire - I found I needed to use a 3 mm metric. Again, a small nit, as I got a set of metrics at Lowes as Rebbi did.

To end on a positive note: Lars sent the cable and spades priority mail, with no shipping cost. It was exciting to get the package only two days later; and from across the country, from coast to coast.
jfz,

Yeah, Lars is really nice. But I agree that there's no substitute for a real, metric hex wrench to tighten down those set screws. Anything less and the wire will work its way loose from the connector, at least in my experience.