Preamps

I'm not unhappy with the Jeff Rowland Corus preamp,  but I don't know what I don't know. I'm currently looking for a solid state preamp with HT bypass to compare to my Jeff Rowland Corus preamp. I would like suggestions below $15K new list price to listen to. I have a Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier, Antipodes DS GT music server and Chord Dave DAC. 
ricred1
Virtually all tube preamps are ‘not’ designed to drive a main and secondary amp(subwoofer). ARC addresses this on their website. I have a friend that has looked far and wide for for a duo amp driving tube pre and i believe vtl turned up as satisfactory but at a price. of course
itsjustme,

"I think step #1 is to identify what you think the weaknesses of the Rowland are, and /or what you want further improved.
Honestly with out that its a crap shoot/"

I submit many people on Audiogon, not all, make comments about components that they haven't actually listened to or heard in a familiar system. Part of my journey is knowledge based. It isn't about a perceived weakness in the Corus, but how does the Jeff Rowland Corus preamp compare to similarly priced preamps in the context of my system. I hear a lot of people say Rowland preamps aren't good. I recently went through a similar journey with my speakers and DAC. After listening to several speakers and DACs I'm completely satisfied with my speakers and DAC. I would be a fool to just sell my Corus without listening to other preamps. I will have the Esoteric C-02X preamp on Wednesday and I plan on listening to the Emm Labs preamp. For better or worse I'll be sure to post my findings. 
Another Ayre KX-R recommendation.  They are more than your target price, but you can sometimes find them on audiogon for sale.
Ricred1:  I know something about the corus and 625 amp as I owned them and should have kept them.  If I had just ponied up and bought the uber power supply I think I’d be miles ahead of trading and selling to TRY to find something better. I would beg borrow or steal to get to try that power supply in my home. I bet jeff would help if you call him directly. It’s absolutely worth the effort imho. you’d then have something very special.