Does the original Sonus Faber Amati Homage Rock?

I need some advice , I have a chance to buy a set of SF Amati Homage speakers from a store in MICHIGAN for 12k shipped the speakers look fantastic near mint!.  My concern is  all that I have read says that there bass shy , last fall I bought a set of Daedalus Audio Ulysses speakers version two used I over paid don't think the Ulysses speakers came close to my long-term Tyler Acoustic linbrook signature floor standers,  I ended up losing almost 2k on that deal I play mostly Rock music and some Jazz anyone still own these speakers and will they play Rock music well   like Pearl Jam, Alice in chains, the Beatles ect. Any suggestions for me also am I over paying if I buy, thanks for any Help 
128x128goofy
One more thing, the seller said would ship to CA, with insurance from MI, at his cost, with original shipping and all original packing that is worth about  $800. I checked it's a gamble wish me luck 
I wish you were around when I sold my two pairs:) if someone modified the speakers, doesnt make them retail for more.
The way I understood it is a factory update near the end of the original run,  to me it's like  buying NOS Speaker like a new set from 15 years ago if I don't like them the store will sell them on there  dime to me that is very important, I am sure your speakers were awesome but if I said hey I don't really care for the sound would you have offered to re sell them and ship them on your dime that to me is worth the extra cost,  thanks for your help I pray I will love this  set I  am 63 on Tuesday and nearly at the end of my Audio journey,  happy listing my friend 
Souljasmooth if you had  two sets you must have liked  the Amati why did you sell your sets and what electronics where you using,  thanks for any information 
Im a huge fan of early Sonus Faber speakers.  I had them all.  Since you already bought them, Im not gonna say if it was a good deal or bad deal.  Nothing worse then someone telling you what you dont want to hear.  They are great speakers, and hopefully you enjoy them.