Do posters intend to hurt the feelings of other members?

It is usually the case that members engage in spirited, often passionate, discussions in threads. That’s normal. Regrettably, often those discussions veer off the tracks, where members are offended or genuinely have their feelings hurt by the content of others’ post(s). 

Do posters intend to hurt the feelings of other members? Your thoughts?
128x128celander
We are too kind to the equipment... and take out our pent up frustrations with mediocre gear on each other. 
(Kidding... kinda)
Post removed 
This topic reminds me of Godwin's Law
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Even if not literally Gadwin's Law, threads seem to take a nasty turn by page 3. 
Personally, I like to read opinions that support my choice in gear - but no amount of lashing out is going to make my X sound better than your Y - or worse yet, your opinion of my X
farmstar:

Reminds of a line I saw on a poster from Despair.com. (If your sense of humor is sufficiently dark and cynical, head on over there to their site).

It said: MEETINGS - None of us is as dumb as all of us.

This can be said of almost anywhere people gather...literally or virtually.
I don’t think anyone intends to hurt anyone’s feeling.  I actually appreciate point blank honesty.  This in return allows me to trust the group more to insure a dealer is not using this forum to sell their gear.  Some of these point blank statements have really been helpful to me. They have helped motivate me to Google brands to see what they look like and spec out.