Do posters intend to hurt the feelings of other members?

It is usually the case that members engage in spirited, often passionate, discussions in threads. That’s normal. Regrettably, often those discussions veer off the tracks, where members are offended or genuinely have their feelings hurt by the content of others’ post(s). 

Do posters intend to hurt the feelings of other members? Your thoughts?
128x128celander
@n80- here's my thinking on that- elevate the discussion on the subjects of interest and ignore the rest. The philosophical discussions tend to get out of hand sometimes, but I guess anything can go astray. I try to contribute where I can, acknowledge my limitations (which are vast) and enjoy the ride. Life's too short, etc. Walking away from the terminal is a healthy thing in my estimation. I've also found that, in many things, my perspective changes over time. Every five years or so when I was working my career- I'd say, "why am I doing this?" I'd go through some soul searching, and eventually recommit with a slightly different view than I had when I was starting, at the age of 24. 
You've been around the block. There is no perfect place where all is good (though Austin is pretty close except in the summer, when we pay for the unicorns and rainbows with relentless heat).
On discourse and what you like or don't--Make it better. That's all you can do-- and others may follow or at least you'll engage with  people of like temperament.  
FWIW, I think you've been an interesting contributor here- you are engaged in music, and are interested in the 'why' of it. That, as you probably know, is what keeps us vital- that inquisitiveness, and willingness to be open to new/different.  End of kumbaya.  I do have fun with this stuff and am always learning, even if it is "re-learning" what I thought I already knew. 
regards,
bill hart
@whart : "On discourse and what you like or don't--Make it better. That's all you can do"

Amen to that.
We are too kind to the equipment... and take out our pent up frustrations with mediocre gear on each other. 
(Kidding... kinda)
Post removed 
This topic reminds me of Godwin's Law
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Even if not literally Gadwin's Law, threads seem to take a nasty turn by page 3. 
Personally, I like to read opinions that support my choice in gear - but no amount of lashing out is going to make my X sound better than your Y - or worse yet, your opinion of my X