Stage III Concepts Cables - Any Advice/Feedback/Thoughts is deeply appreciated.

I have a mixed loom of Stage III Concepts Cables on loan to me from a local dealer and need some help.  
There is hardly any user/owner/member/end used type of info out there so I wanted to reach out. 

Here is what I am demoing now and below is the why...

Stage III Concepts GRYPHON XLR 1.5m Interconnects   
Stage III Concepts MAGNUS 3.0m Speaker Cables
Stage III Concepts MINOTAUR 2.0m Power Cable
Stage III Concepts KRAKEN 1.5m Power Cable

Here is the why:

I received my new Magico S5 MK II Speakers 2 weeks ago upgraded from the original S5's.  
I wanted to upgrade my pre and amp but was waiting to hear my new S5 MK II's with my present gear first. 

Magico S5 MK II Speakers
Pass Labs X250.8 amp
Simaudio Moon Evolution P-8 pre
Bricasti M1SE w/built in ethernet media player
SGC sonicTransporter ethernet Roon server w/Uptone Audio JS-2 LPS
Kubala-Sosna Emotion Full Loom 

I loved my new speakers and so sold both my Pass X250.8 amp and my Simaudio P8 pre.
I bought Pass Labs XA-160.8 Monoblocks and was driving them direct with my Bricasti M1SE as pre/dac.

I was happy and while looking for a pre I stumbled into a local guy that had a Soulution 530 Integrated.
I thought you know what lets try it and if I like it then I will sell or trade my Pass mono's for a pre or use 530's preouts.

To make a long story longer I put it in my system and low and behold I like the Pass amps better. Maybe not a huge surprise as Pass gear is killer but then I phoned the local Soulution dealer to pick he brain. 

He told me the Pass amps should not sound better with S5 MK II's and it was due to the match of my Kubala-Sosna cables which work great with Pass, ARC, Ayre, Krell, etc. but Soulution is a different animal and needs a different cable. .
I thought OK here we go... Here comes the big old cable sales pitch but to be fair I called him. So I listened.

He loaned me the cables I have listed above to prove what he was saying was true.

You know what happened. Low and behold he was 100% right and they blew my mind. No snake oil but real results.  

They sound insane and actually really good with my Pass amps too but the match with Soulution is breath taking...

Now I see why the Soulution amps are darn expensive. They should recommended cables like Spectral and MIT does.  

So with so little info out there I wanted to ask for you guys for any and feedback, or opinions.

It is really expensive stuff and sure there is some savings because some is former gen cables and they are demo's but still its really expensive stuff so I just was hoping I could get some more info from you folks.

Sorry for long write up but wanted to share my thoughts and my situation and ask for some help on these.

Thanks 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
@fsmithjack 

Very interesting thread. Been following along and initially thought, "wow these Stage III wires are expensive" and now I'm following along to see how they fair. I will probably take a closer look at the line. 

I think that if you found the Soulution to be significantly better with the Stage III power cords than the Pass, and you keep saying that, I think you will be disappointed with the Pass gear if you "settle" for it. But good advice has been given here. Try to spend good time with the Pass and Soulution and make as an informed decision as possible. Keep trying the mix-N-match technique @inna suggested and you'll get there and have the system that sounds best to you.

I prefer a sound that is as high as possible in resolution and certainly over one that may be a bit warm, so you can see my leaning to the Soulution piece. But take your time if the situation will allow and really listen as much as you can.

As you mentioned, the Soulution will save on ICs, power cords, etc (rack space too). And that it sounds better than separates to you speaks volumes. Let your ears guide you.

Looking forward to your updates.
Hey Inna,
Those Gryphon 300's are really - really nice amps. Powerful, dynamic, a little dark but in a good way because Gryphon nails voicing their gear.

They do have a voice which some say is a bad thing but not me because regardless of what those experts say they all have a voice some less then others but that doesn't mean those are any better.

I happen to really like the Gryphon sound which I would describe it as strong, vibrant and sophisticated. Polished with a very skilled and practiced hand. It's like they kept teasing it out over and over and drew a little more out each time until they got it right where they wanted and teased it out some more and I think they really nailed it.

Their digital is really underrated and excellent also. I am told the phono stage in that unit is the scaled own version of an amazing phono.

People take shots at them because of their prices, market positioning and branding but its most just jealousy. I think it is very well made and truly expertly built and really creamy gear. Yipson has the air, extension and space. Soulution speed and transparency and a grasp on the drivers like no other and the Gyphon is vibrant, dynamic and creamy sound.   

I am a definite fanboy of the Gryphon. They are no joke.   

At first I thought it sounded a little like the really good Rowland gear but its better.

Their separates are insanely good but also insanely expensive. 

There is one of these around with no phono for around $12,500

My buddy Josh a Walker Audio has a brand new for a really good price that I don't want to list on here. I thought long and hard on it before I spend more for the Soulution. PM me if you are really interested in one and I will get you a brand new one for a lot less than the price you have.

Cheers... 

I just spend an 3/4 of an hour on the phone on a 3 way call with my Soulution / Stage III dealer and Brian Ackerman the proprietor of aaudio imports. What an awesome and knowledgeable guy. His brands are below.

http://www.aaudioimports.com/ShowBrand.asp?hBrand=14

Here are is his brands 

Acapella  |  Acoustic Research  |  Audiotop  |  B.M.C.  |  Finite Elemente  |  Hartvig  |  HB Cable Design 
Ikeda  |  Isoclean  |  Lansche  |  Metaxas  |  Millennium  |  Stage III  |  Tandem 
Thales  |  Wilson Benesch  |  Ypsilon 

Brian gave me all the background info on the guy that makes the Stage III cables by hand. It is one guy and he makes everything by hand..

Guy is amazing and man these things are built by hand with the most insane materials and parts quality. They use 3d printers and palladium / silver alloys and carbon fiber and all this crazy damping material and it was really cool.

Talk about a boutique specialty brand. This is some amazing stuff. Sure it cost a ton but talk about the opposite of mass produced stuff. He said he sold well over 500 of the Kraken power cables that are $8500 a pop and $10800 for 2 meters. That is a lot of cheese right there... 

He was telling me about the not too overly expensive Ypsilon integrated that is a special transformer based volume control that no one else in the world uses. He was saying it is the exact same as the separate pre/monoblock just not as much power but they are pretty much exactly the same. It is $24k and used the same stuff as a $37k preamp and $38 power amp which is pretty awesome.

I am a sad excuse for an audiophile. Already looking to demo another amp when I have 2 I am trying to decide on now. It is a sickness I tell you a true sickness...lol  

Inna,
Honestly you might want to look at this before the Gryphon. Brian was going off. He thinks its the best amp Ypsilion makes and Michael Fremmer called the Ypsilion phono the greatest audio anything he has ever heard and he still thinks that today. Brian said this integrated is better.

Sure, he sells the stuff but no for nothing. This guys doesn't my sale to be ok in life. He is doing pretty well. Super, nice, soft spoken guy also.

Here it is: 

http://www.aaudioimports.com/ShowProduct.asp?hProduct=251

fsmithjack, thank you, I appreciate your offer. Unfortunately, I am not quite financially prepared for the Gryphon at the moment. 
I also consider used Gryphon separates for the future, even if 20 years old ones. Now that would be incredible. I am patient, I save up and upgrade very rarely.
I actually read somewhere about Magico/Soulution great match, they were Soulution separates. I think, Magico/Luxman is also a popular combination. But I had no idea that Stage III cables and especially power cords are so good with them, maybe I missed this part.
I keep an eye on top Swiss electronics, they know a thing or two about these things.
Yes, I am aware of the Ypsilon, and it is definitely one more top brand to consider. However, I prefer this deep powerful slightly on the dark side of neutral sophisticated and dynamic sound created by Flemming Rasmussen. Besides, Ypsilon Phaethon integrated is significantly more expensive than Gryphon Diablo 300 and has no phono stage option, unless this has changed.
There are really good choices at this level.