Buy LED, LCD or Plasma

Going for a new TV. Any hints, warnings or advice? It will go over the fireplace instead of the rug there now.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xalbertporter
Albert- have you tried avsforum.com for some input on those specific model #s. BTW, no question to my eyes that plasma beats LCD. No question at all. I've never seen LED.
On Audio Circle a guy named Joshk tells of anchoring his 58 inch panny plasma into bricks above his fireplace. The whole mess crashed and was destroyed.

He's selling a large, high dollar swivel mount at a big discount if you are interested.

By the way, the V-10 is the same display as the G-10. Only differences involve cinema playback and calibration versatility. I bought G-10 because I don't value those things enough to justify the $800 difference. I must be losing my anality as I age.
Here's some comments on some of them:
http://reviews.cnet.com/best-55-inch-hdtvs/?tag=rb_content;contentNav
IMHO the extra price doesn't pay for enough improvement, especially at the distance you'll be viewing from, but perhaps to a photographers eye it might be different.
Let me add a little more here.A lot of the upper end sets may produce better pictures on standard def pictures too.A lot of what we watch is still in standard def.Standard def looks bad on a high def set I imagine because they're engineered around hi def.I don't even know if older made for TV shows are capable of being displayed in true hi def.When I shop for one,I look at what the set will do for making standard def look better. Hopefully you could check this out in the store.One BB doesn't have any source in my area for st def,but the others do pickup the local channels which always has something showing in standard def to compare them.Hope this helps some.
I agree with you guys, went for the Panasonic TC-65S1 at $2295.00. I went back to BB today and compared the picture again, the less expensive Panasonic is so close it's not worth the extra money for the V10.

Funny thing is, after I paid I was speaking to the manager, who sold me the TV and he said the calibration was way more important than the difference in the two Panasonic 65". Went on to say that the cheaper one with calibration would beat the more expensive one without.

Calibration is free with the $3995.00 65" Panasonic but found an in store deal where calibration comes with the less expensive one too. Between that, free delivery and $250.00 custom install I feel like this was a smart move.

Macrojack mentioned an AVS Forum member mounting his TV and it went into the floor. That thought crossed my mind, that and the fear that lifting 140 pounds over my head could lead to personal injury as well as broken Plasma, the BB install is looking very fairly priced.

Last thing, after I signed the form the manager ask if I knew about Reward Zone, I assumed a big sales pitch was coming and braced myself. I was wrong, got handed $65.00 credit to "spend" at BB.

Unless they screw it up, I'm feeling reasonably good about this and sincerely appreciate everyone pitching in.