Vandersteen 7 mark ll or big Kef blades

I am considering a pair of one  of these.  Anybody have any suggestions , comments, recommendations?
digitaljoseph
Yes your point about tweeter height completely invalidates the entire company. Do you think that perhaps the decision to make the speaker stands a particular height which may be different from the manual is that many listeners may not like a taller stand based on the looks of the combo? 

Sure lets compare facts with facts Kef is a $200-300 million dollar a year company Vandy does probably $10 million a year, lets be generous and say they are $20-30 million dollars a year, do you honestly think that Kef  grew into one of the top loudspeaker companies of all times because they don't make a fantastic products?

Sure Vandy is all about the small guy vs the big boys like B&W, Focal, and KEF right, if you remember all of these companies were started by single men in similar circumstances, and all of these companies have been in business a very long time.  yet these are the three biggest high end speaker manufacturers in the world and all three make all of their own drivers and have continued to evolve their designs and technologies and in some cases radically. 

So please let not mix facts that market share means nothing. 

Market share allows you to develop products which cost $4 million dollars to develop like the Kef Blades, I guess that all of the accolades that Kef has received on their loudspeakers also account for nothing. 

Please stop your arguements that don't hold water. 

The Kef Blades can easily stand up to a pair of Vandy 7's which you prefer is up  to you, however, as we we pointed out before you can build a pretty darn nice system of Kef Blades plus amp, preamp, dac and cables for the $30k plus difference in price between the two loudspeakers.

Good night Tomic enjoy your purly pistonic perfect loudspeakers, we will suffer listening to our $30k Blades or Personas or Legacy Aeris too bad we will be suffering so much with these "inferior" products as we continue to chase our tails.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ 

actually I was listening to the Thiels this evening, perhaps you missed that
tomorrow might be the real Quad ESL-63
and the next
the Apogee stage...
and the next modified Cornwalls....

I was selling KEF 105.2 and designing crossovers with an FFT when you were doing what in 1980 ?

you should reread the white paper on the LS 50 and look for intersections w Vandersteen philosophy...there are many...
where they diverge is sacrificing phase accuracy for frequency response...wiring the tweeter out of phase...

you should really bone up on engineering......
Yes Tomic we won’t claim to have designed any crossovers, we know what many people like and many people like Vandys and many people do not.

It is interesting for such a Vandy fan who proclaims to have three sets of them, not to always be mentioning  your Quads, or Stages or Cornwalls, the only loudspeakers you keep on pushing  religiously is Vandy remember your nice comment about any other non perfect piston loudspeaker being imperfect, and chasing our tails?  guess that goes for the 1C, 2CE, 3A, the Treo,  as they don't have perfectly pistonic drivers now do they? 

Don’t need to read the LS 50’s white paper we have them and we have heard them compared to many other good loudspeakers.

Tney are way more transparent then a set of Vandy 1Cs, add a good subwoofer and you are good to go.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Post removed 
I have to add Doc that your persistence that long ago took a bounding leap crossing the line into obnoxiousness which in no way causes you to be chastened or embarrassed by unending criticism is in a very perverse way impressive.