What are the weak points of Pass amps and pre-amps ?

Though there are perhaps better transistor amps, but Pass seems to be an excellent choice for many.
What is your experience with them, if you could elaborate ? Integrateds as well.
inna
Unsound dude its not nice to bad rap PASS.However I'm sure that what you have is much better.(NOT)
Unsound dude its not nice to bad rap PASS

So we should say everything is either great or not say anything at all?  Why should he not state his opinion?  Isn't that the whole point of the thread?  The way you think is one of the biggest things wrong with high end audio.
ebm used to have Pass so it has to be great, no room for anything negative no matter how little.
Pass makes some very good products however all of the points Unsound makes are very valid Pass’s gear tends to be big, heavy and runs hot.

In our tests we have compared a set of the big Pass X 160 we think a $30k Monoblocks to a set of Chord Monoblocks and the Chords were better.overall amplifiers with a client driving a pair of Martin Logan CLX

Tejay just compared a $6,200 Coda .8 which is a 150 watt Class A amplifier to a pair of $14k set of Pass Labs mono amps and TJ liked the Coda as much as the twice the price XA 60.8. and thouught the Coda was similar to the Pass but less colored.

We had a client compare a Pass Int 250 to a T+A 2500R both are $12k integrated and the T+A was prefered over the Pass as the T+A was faster, cleaner, and had more punch yet was lighter and ran much cooler.

Lastly another poster here switched from a Pass Labs preamp and amplifier to a T+A HV 3100 integrated as well with the same results reported.

What does this tell you? Pass makes good stuff but they do seem to have lost their edge compared to some of these other companies.

So perhaps Jetter you may want to consider the Coda .8 which gives you 150 watts Class A vs the Pass Labs xa 25 which gives you 25 watts of Class A power before switching to Class A/B so you are getting 3 times the rated Class A power for only $1,200.00 more and you get a totally cool set of meters.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ T+A and Coda Dealers

I upgraded from a Bel Canto Ref500s to a Pass XA30.8 a few years ago. Although the Bel Canto was not bad, the Pass was a dramatic improvement. I tried a Devialet around the same time and it wasn't for me. As amazing as the Pass amp was, the downside for me was that it heated up the room so much that it became uncomfortably stuffy. This is likely much more of an issue because I have a small room (10'x12'). It might not be an issue for a larger room like a living room. I thought that I might have to return it because the stuffiness was too much, but instead I got the HVAC modified by getting a return vent installed in the room :) I liked the sound that much!