Has anyone listened to Nola Micro and/or Metro ?

Hi,

I'm curious. Have you heard the Nola Micro and/or Metro Grand Reference speakers? I have Alon Signatures and would like feedback on the new speakers. Thanks !
128x128joeinid
There is a thread over at AVguide.com (the absolute sound) and some comentary here in a recent NOLA Baby Grand thread. Have heard both recently. Love the Micro. Extremely musical, non fatiguing, great resolution. Music vs hifi perspective. Bass of course not on par with bigger boxes, but very tuneful. They can play pretty big for their size. Metro was prototype, still being tweaked. Going back to hear tweaked version, so will reserve judgement til then. Overall, these are very competitive in their price range.
Thanks Jeffkad,

I just read that thread. I plan on listening to the Micros on Friday and hope to get a good idea what they are like. I would also like to hear the Metro, although it's a little more than I planned on spending. Do you remember what amp and preamp were driving the Micro/Metro speakers? I believe they will sound better with high quality tube amps but I need to use solid state amps with a tube preamp in my setup. My stereo is on way too much to eat through many, many sets of power amp tubes.

Joe
Joe, I believe it was some pretty expensive Audio Research stuff, but I've listened to so many speakers I can't guarantee this. What drives me nuts is listening to speakers with 3x or 4x their cost in electronics. Worst case was a pair of maggie 3.6 ($5-6k) with something like 25k of AR gear. I admit it sounded absolutely incredible, but c'mon. It just feels wrong, lol! Anyway, I'm going back to hear the Metros soon, but I don't think there are many places (if any) that have them as they are still playing with the prototype. Are you in NY area?