Guilty Pleasures

garfish’s recent thread on c/w music brought to mind the “guilty pleasures” admissions recently submitted by TAS writers and reviewers. a “guilty pleasure,” roughly speaking, is a musical selection one adores but plays only in secret, fearing its publication as an audiophile’s favorite might elicit ridicule or, at least, laughter. so, fellow a-goners, are you willing to confess to a couple of your guilty pleasures? I’ll start with two and add others if this thread gets going: (1) “not for kids only,” j. garcia & d. grisman; (2) ‘the little mermaid,” OST.
cornfedboy
I like Disney sountracks, too. How about Beauty and the Beast? My most guilty pleasure, though, is Michael Jackson's Thriller. I can't hear it too many times.
i just found that there was a similar thread started in 5/00. hope this one doesn't degenerate as that one did.
I have an original 45 RPM local Athens, Georgia recording of the B52s singing "Rock Lobster". It was made before they were famous and is 1000% better than the glossy over-produced version made later, that is on their first big album, that you all may be familiar with. I love to play it once in a while, and then usually three times in a row. I also have an old 45 RPM record of Ernie from Sesame Street singing "Rubber Duckie". Cute stuff !!!
I am big on Henry Mancicni though the only CD that I have now is "Breakfast at Tiffany's". I remember my mother dancing to the Cha Cha Cha number and my father and sister playing Moon River on the piano as a duet with my father heavily improvising. I also like the theme song to "Exodus" as well as many others. Everyone in my family played the piano, with the exception of my mother, and I grew up with a lot of soundtrack music of the 50's and 60's.
Sheesh, I almost feel like I have to fess up to Sharon, Lois, and Bram...Oops! Oh darn, cats outta the bag. ;?)

My real undercover fave is Hall and Oates "Abandoned Luncheonette". Those soaring harmonies get to me every time. An SACD of this disc would be wonderful, my LP is almost worn out!