Favorite band or artist of all time?

1st of all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone at Audiogon!
I've Have been thinking about it(hundreds of choices)and lately  just wondering, If you had to pick just one, what would be your favorite band or artist of all time???
 Extremely hard decision!, but Mine would be Elton John.
(deeply rooted since I was 10 or 11) Old fart now😎
128x128arcam88
By far, The Cure.  I listen(ed) to them so much, i got sick of them, but keep coming back for more. 
Without a doubt it is Jethro Tull.  Not only do I enjoy the music but I find the lyrics and subject matter that Ian Anderson touches upon over the years to really hit many chords with me in my own life.  

Stand Up alone has some treasures:

We Used to Know always reminds me of the cycle of life, it’s ups and downs, and the people I have lost along the way.

For a Thousand Mothers reminds me a lot of my relationship with my own parents.  Just like in the song, my parents were always telling me I wasn’t capable of being what I had already become.  

And then there is Reasons for Waiting which is virtually a description of my early relationship with my wife.  “Came a thousand miles just to see you smile.”  We had a long distance relationship for four years—we were about 800 miles apart.  It was tough as hell, but there was no one in the world I loved more and to this day the only people whom I have loved even more are the two beautiful children she has given me.

I could delve into Tull’s work endlessly, like how most people have badly misinterpreted
Aqualung, but I will save that for another time.  Suffice to say that Jethro Tull is head and shoulders above everyone else my favorite.

-Aaron
I was absorbed with Cream when Sunshine Of Your Love/Disaraeli Gears hit the airwaves and record stores in Boston in late 1967. And then Wheels Of Fire came out and I begged my folks to give me advance on my allowance so that I could purchase it. And then, a couple of years later, I realised what a troglodyte of a drummer Ginger Baker was. Compared to other drummers that soon after came to the fore, he sounded relatively plodding, and that horrible tom-tom cacaphony soon drive me nuts. I mean, where was the snare? At least Moon could swing.