New Technics turntables

Is there any reason to purchase a 1200GR rather than a SL1500c if one has absolutely no interest in  DJ  and likes the auto lift function of the 1500? What are you giving up for the $400 savings the 1500 provides? 
boofer
Chakster, Why is older always better?  There are many reasons to posit that the best of the G series might be superior to any SP10 Mk2.  And I say that as a past owner of two SP10 Mk2s.  I am thinking about the coreless motor in the G series, as opposed to the iron core motor of an SP10 Mk2.  I think we both agree, or at least you have said it in the past, that a coreless motor is to be desired in DD.  I admit, older is very often better, but not always.

To the OP, if you are an audiophile, get a G series Technics, not the SL1500c, regardless of cost.
I don’t want to say what is better when it comes to an old High-End classics like the SP-10 mkII (which i’ve been using for 5 years) ... and new Technics tunrtables released in the past few years.

I think a classic is an option, anyone can buy a new technics anytime.

I’ve seen amazing prices not only on SP-10 mkII, but also on Denon DP-80, Pioneer PL-70II ... Luxman PD-441 (small one) is also a great bargain.

And i am more happy with my two Luxmans PD-444 than with any Technics i’ve owned (like SP-10 mkII), still have two upgraded SL1210mkII.

Some people would like to buy one turntable (all in one) to use it forever.

People like me would like to use a turntable with any tonearm/cartridge and it must be super easy to swap the tonearm without drilling a hole in the plinth and so on ... The reason i use Luxman PD-444 is the ability to swap a tonearm in 10 min.

After all i like the process, i definitely need more than 2 tonearms and more than 1 turntable.

Also i think many people are in love with vintage design, i don’t know any other new turntable to compete with Technics, but i know many vintage turntables to compete with Technics in $1-2k price.
Why would you need auto-lift?
I suppose it could happen that you fall asleep on the sofa while listening.  lol
Chakster, Why is older always better?

I will tell later the story of an owner of SP 10II who sold this to take a 1200GR and what he thinks.
@clearthink 
Why would you post if you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion? Did you get your rocks off making fun of me? Why don't you find another site to do your trolling since you don't contribute much here!