MAC to DAC connectivity

I am waiting delivery of my first dedicated DAC. I decided to try a MHDT Orchid (non oversampling R2R dac). It is on its way from the designer in Taiwan.

Here is my question. My MAC is about 20 cable feet away from my integrated amp. That is longer than a single USB cable can run. SO I believe I have two options:
1) use a USB clarifier/re-clocker like the Wyred 4 Sound Recovery unit. With this I think I could run two 10' USB cables from the MAC to the DAC and get a "better" signal to the DAC.
2) Run a short USB cable into a USB/SPDIF converter like the Schiit Eitr, and then run a longer SPDIF RCA cable to the DAC.

Which option seems to be the smartest of the two? The cost is pretty much the same when I look at all the cabling and hardware options.

I am really new at DAC/MAC solutions so starting from scratch. After I get it set up the next round of questions will be around the options interns of players on the MAC.

Thanks for your input.
stuartbmw3
Congrats on the new purchase. The Orchid has been getting some very positive chatter lately. For the distance you've specified I think a USB-SPDIF converter is the way to go. As an aside, I have MHDT's Pagoda and to my ears the BNC connection provides the best sound quality. I use a Bel Canto mLink which uses a proper BNC connection as it's only output. I have an Eitr as well but give the edge to the mLink. Would it be the same with the Orchid? Dunno, but it's worth investigating. Best of luck with the new DAC.
You could look at using a Dante converter/adatper. Digital input, Ethernet output, and then the reverse on the receiving end. That will let you run 20 feet no problem.

Alternatively consider a network streamer.
Yes, a Macintosh computer.

is there value in having a BNC connector on one end to the cable (dac end) and an RCA on the other?  Or is it only of value if both ends have the BNC?