Most favored hearing aid for audiophiles

Is there a brand or a model of a brand that is most favored by hearing impaired audiophiles?

goldenear1948
jbuhl,

Do you recall the leather looking ear cups sold back maybe in the 80’s? I don’t recall the name, and it was basically the same idea for listening to music. Thing is, I doubt that they did more than your hands cupped, i.e. slightly concentrate most frequencies, not specific to your hearing.

Additionally, I agree with the idea of flagging those with hearing loss on this site. I also think that the mentally unstable be flagged as well. Ignorance shall also be banned/flagged/flogged. Hey, what do you know, my first flame...

I just had a hearing test, and they phoned back to tell me that I had some loss. When they get back to me officially on paper, I'll let you know what the recommend.
Slaw,

Oh I totally agree with your thinking... Actually to the point that Every Agon user should be required to get a hearing evaluation before their first post. After all, many have hearing and don't realize it. Then there are the mentally ill. They too, should be flagged, so we know the source of the comments being made about audio equipment. Not stopping there, the people with giant egos, or bunches of tightly wrapped BS/marketing talk, will no longer be allowed here. Not being mean, but someone just had to say it.
Disagree with Slaw and 4krow in this. Plenty of people with perfect vision cannot 'see' well because they are not observant or don't know what they're looking for. Likewise plenty of people with perfect senses of smell and taste cannot appreciate subtle nuances in foods, wines, whiskey etc.

The same is true with hearing. Does hearing loss impact certain abilities to discriminate? Of course. But that is no worse or better than the wide range of abilities to 'hear' that exist even among those with perfect hearing. 

So such a 'flag' would be meaningless and useless.

I do agree with 4krow that there should be a flag for the mentally ill. Unfortunately I think 'audiophilia' qualifies. So we'd all be flagged.