Sony PS-X9

I'm close to making a purchase of mentioned TT.  Price is right at $13K.  Price wise, could I buy a better TT ??

Thanks in advance, 

Jose
jg2077
Within exchanged emails (5) with "aledo", I was constantly reminded of size/weight restrictions...thus my apprehension.  I  didn't want to pay for something and no way of getting it home.  The other stated issue, were the shipping charges.

I bought the Basis locally.  It is an upgraded 2500 with a micro Benz cart.   When said and done,  I will place it in my 2nd system.   The Verdier seams like a cool table.  Thinking of purchasing as to hear/play with it.  I  was rushing a purchase(ps x9), and came very close to paying $13K.  I will wait for a classic to come available at a good price. 

Jose

Jose', I certainly did not mean to cast aspersions on either the Basis turntables or the Verdier.  They are both worthy.  Mr Verdier passed away a few years ago, so the Platine may in fact start to accumulate some collector value or at least it may be a stable value.  Same, sadly, goes for the designer of the Basis turntables (Mr Conte, I think).  I'm just a direct- and idler-drive guy.
@lewm 
No worries.  No offense taken. On that note (direct drive) there are nice examples readily available,  I've considered.   My experience is limited and thus defer to the experience of you fine members. 

Jose
jg2077
The Verdier seams like a cool table. Thinking of purchasing as to hear/play with it.

jg2077

All anyone that is a first time user with La Platine can do, is "play with it" , to try to figure it out. It is a unique way to play your records. It is a String Drive design and all components were made to work best with string/thread.
For business reasons a belt pulley was "added" to the parts list - for Sales and to appease audiophiles. Running La Platine with belts is like riding a bike with training wheels.

Now many try and figure it out, but fall prey to the audiophile itch to modify it. Since all its body parts are easily accessible and viewable - it is easy to fall to this temptation. I can understand this. A modified La Platine is no longer La Platine.

For the Collector - I guess you can park it on a shelf and admire the platter ?  
The most collectable La Platine is the Granito version - the most expensive to make, and a limited run was done for audiophile hungry Japanese.

I had many conversations with Mr. Verdier when he was alive. RIP
@OP Someone alerted me to your post or I would never have seen it. Any questions feel free to pm me or ask me on my virtual system. Just Click on Wile E Coyote. 
Cheers