Kudos to Dan Wright of Modwright

Last week, my Modwright SWP 9.0 Signature phono stage had a problem. Both channels went out, and after some tube swapping to no effect, I called and talked to Dan Wright. Dan said send it to him, he would do the repairs with no service fee. He measured all performance criteria, everything matched to extremely good tolerances. He then used it playing music, and also turned the gain up quite high with the stylus just sitting in the groove, and found the unit to be very quiet, just the normal amount one might expect with a tube unit.

It turned out to be just bad tubes, and true to his word, no service fee. All I had to pay was return shipping, and for new packing that I asked for since I never had the original box.

I have owned this phono stage for around eight years, and have had several occasions to speak to Dan, and he has never been anything but welcoming and helpful. He is a jewel in the realm of audio manufacturers and designers.

I do appreciate that kind of treatment, as would all of us.

Regards, and Happy Holidays,

Also Dan  
Ag insider logo xs@2xislandmandan
I mirror what everyone has said above, had an issue with my Modwright/Oppo 105 which turned out to be a software upgrade and if it not for Kristin and Dan walking me through the steps and taking the time, I would still be struggling with the issue. Would definitely buy any one of their products when the time comes. What a great company.
In major agreement here, Dan and Kristen are quite possibly the best in the business, great equipment and fantastic service... I currently use two Modwright KWA150se in mono for the stereo, and one for my fronts for theater. Also using a Modwright PH 9.0 phono pre-amp and I can tell you it is a work of art... fantastic.
Also had Dan modify a Sony HAP-Z1ES HDD Audio Player that also works brilliantly... no complaints of any kind from my point of view. I have slowly worked my way up the ladder in Dan's pre-amp selection and am dreaming of the day I can purchase the new LS300, and oh what a day that will be!!!!
Absolutely no surprise. 
My one repair experience was the same. The repair was the laser drawer on a ten year old Sony nothing to do with Dan's mods.
Can anyone recommend a guy who can modify the digital part of a blu ray DVD player? I talked to Dan Wright of Modwright; he admitted that he neither have the technical skills nor the time to do the work. What he does is replacing the analog part of a CD/DVD player, but I only use my new Pioneer Elite LX-500 as a transport to be connected with a high-end DAC - no matter what you do to improve the analog part, the internal DAC of a DVD player (like Oppo, Cambridge Audio, or Pioneer Elite) is shitty - cannot be compared to my Rockna Signature Balanced. So I am looking for a guy to install an I2S board, a new power supply and take out the entire analog part of LX-500. I watch loads of Bluray DVDs for operas and concerts - this is no alternative to this heightened experience (cannot go back to listening to operas via CDs). Can anyone kindly recommend?
I am a little confused here.
If you are using only as a transport then whether it has a " shitty DAC" or not is irrelevant.

Now upgrading the power supply is a whole nuther matter and very likely worth pursuing.

Whether you will find anybody both willing and capable of integrating an i2s board into it is a different story entirely. And if so would it be cost effective to yourself?
Good luck!