Catastrophic Accident! What To Do!?

This actually happened during the holidays.  I'm having a hard time dealing with it.  I've owned my Music Reference RM9 amp for over 15 years.  While replacing a fuse, something I've done easily over 2 dz. times thru the yrs, The amp tipped over.  Long story short, the way the unit fell damaged/smashed most of the tubes (12 in total!).  Man, seriously, I practically feel like I've lost a member of my family!  I've been in contact with Roger Modjeski at Ram Labs and they've been 100% supportive even though I'm not the original owner.  But the dilemma is substantial, the amp can be repaired no doubt, but to transport it from S. Fl. to Ca., plus tube replacement, plus possible other repairs.  Not sure it makes dollas & sense.  The fact is I'm not the youngster I was when I 1st acquired the gear, plus being retired the money ain't what it used to be.  This accident has seriously got me considering whether I should continue with the hobby.  The gear, 1000's of records and CD's somehow, suddenly feels like a bit much.  I've been into the gear for 35+ yrs. but I've been a music-lover my entire life, I'll never stop listening....but maybe it's time to downsize?  Ram Labs has offered help in testing, and/or repairing, and even offered the alternative of selling the unit for parts.  Tremendous support!  I think I'd be able to sell it but I just can't bring myself to go down that road, not yet.  So into the 'spares' closet she goes, and since I don't have another amp, it's headphone time!  

Here's hoping y'all have a safe and incident-free New Year!
128x128chazro
You know, if it will work with your speakers, you can pick up a Nuforce STA200 amp for $499 at Audio Advisors.  I have had one for about a year now and its seems fine on my 85 db 6 ohm speakers.  I believe they have a try it and if you don't like it return policy.  Heck, I easily spent twice that on EL34's for my tube amp.  Just spent half that on 12ax7s for my preamp.  They say it has a higher than normal gain, so I purchased a Schitt Sys passive for $49 to put between he preamp and amp to reduce the gain, but have it set to zero as high gain has not been a problem at all.  Just an idea to get you by.  
I would recommend that you send it in to at least get an estimate for repair.  If I understand your post correctly, if the repair costs too much for you, then they will purchase for parts.  That sounds like a win-win situation, under the circumstances of course.  As for your future,  I retired a while back and decided it was time to get out of power tubes (signal level tubes are still OK, they have longer life and are cheaper!).  I did this more so from the cost of more frequent replacement due to the system being on more, but also because of my lower tolerance for the “ritual” maintenance.  Downsizing is not a bad thing, completely giving up on this hobby, though, could be a bad thing after all these years of happiness!
It would be worth a call to your insurance agent to see if your homeowners coverage covers your loss.
I, too, think you should send it in for an estimate.
You might get lucky. And, it would be better than relegating it to a closet.
Bob